Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
I'm switching to D* from E* - 100% for my regional RSN in HD. I have a few questions on how D* does HD Locals on the H20, which I assume will be just like locals on the HR20 when the turn on the OTA.

How does it get guide info, from the sat info or from the OTA station?

If I get stations via OTA that are out of the DMA I sub to with D*, will I get guide info for those stations?

How about sub-channels, any guide for those?

Does D* still give the option to not sub to locals and save $3 / month? I know it is not mentioned on the web site, but the do it for areas with no locals service. If I get multiple cities of every network is cancelling the D* locals a viable option? Do I still get guide data?

Thanks for any info, coming from E* where locals is a dictatorship with multiple fees in the fold, I have no idea what to expect from D*.

masterdeals said:
I'm switching to D* from E* - 100% for my regional RSN in HD. I have a few questions on how D* does HD Locals on the H20, which I assume will be just like locals on the HR20 when the turn on the OTA.

How does it get guide info, from the sat info or from the OTA station?

If I get stations via OTA that are out of the DMA I sub to with D*, will I get guide info for those stations?

How about sub-channels, any guide for those?

Does D* still give the option to not sub to locals and save $3 / month? I know it is not mentioned on the web site, but the do it for areas with no locals service. If I get multiple cities of every network is cancelling the D* locals a viable option? Do I still get guide data?

Thanks for any info, coming from E* where locals is a dictatorship with multiple fees in the fold, I have no idea what to expect from D*.

You will get guide info for any channels your antenna picks up, provided the station send out the correct PSIP info.

Yes D* does give you the option to NOT have locals, at the last price change, they added the locals into the cost, figuring they would get more people getting locals from them , if they didn't ask, just turn them on. But yes you can get your package without locals ...and save $3 p/m, I know, because I do.
Also, as you probably figured, the channels work in the guide.

Jimbo

Thanks Jimbo, so if the OTA locals use PSIP data, how far out will the guide go? I assume it won't be 14 days like the D* guide. What do most stations send out?

masterdeals said:
Thanks Jimbo, so if the OTA locals use PSIP data, how far out will the guide go? I assume it won't be 14 days like the D* guide. What do most stations send out?
That I do not know :(

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AT-9 Mounting Plate Size?

HR20-700 Swap out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)