D* drops some Local Stations Nationwide

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LMckin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 30, 2005
Upstate SC
did anybody here lose any Local Stations on 1/1/06 over on dbstalk.com they taking a poll on how many stations got drop on 1/1/06

so far they got 15 local stations nationwide that got drop from D* lineup.

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=50122

WGGS TV 16 Greenville SC has Return to Directv.

Last edited:
No local stations lost here. DirecTV still has a 3 station advantage over Dish Network in Las Vegas. (They carry UPN, Telefutura, and Azteca, Dish doesn't.)

just wondering, was it professionally installed?? that electric service mast looks awful close, cant be within 6 feet.

dragon002 said:
just wondering, was it professionally installed?? that electric service mast looks awful close, cant be within 6 feet.

yes it was professionally installed. and the installer was an former cable company employee.who work for the company that i got my from.

Just a FYI..i lost 3 local pbs stations...our local paper said that it was a mix with with direct tv and we should have them on, but so far nothing. One of the stations was channel 39 out of allentown, PA...a very good PBS station. Im kind of upset, but it still will not make me change to dish network....

Most of the stations that were dropped by D* was cause D* no longer had the legal right to carry them. Some of the stations weren't asked to be carried by D* so they were dropped.

KTMW in Salt Lake City was dropped by both D* and E*, but D* picked up KCSG 4 (44) from Southern Utah. E* has had this channel for some time.

No locals lost here in Greenville Washington New Bern NC market, we still have a one channel advantage on Dish here, as Directv has the Miami FL WB here.

7 WITN-TV NBC
9 WNCT-TV CBS
12 WCTI-TV ABC
13 WCTI-DT UPN
14 WYDO-TV FOX
15 WBZL-TV WB(Miami)
25 WUNK-TV UNC/PBS

NY local channel 63 has message "WMBC is no longer available on DIRECTV" in my channel guide. No big loss for me as I never watched this channel and I actually have no idea what programming they had anyways.

When tuning to the channel, only a message is displayed that reads:

"We regret that this station is no longer available on directv, as our rights to carry the station expired December 31, 2005"

Tri-Cities TN lost channel 68 (WLFG/Ind.). This is a religious station in the Tri-Cities. It was briefly back on yesterday (1/7/06), but it is off again today.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sleuth Channel

Waiting for connection

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)