CW in Cincinnati

Does anyone know if they might add this in the Cincinnati market?? I know it's a subchannel.

Not sure...Have you tried seeing if you are eligible for superstations? The link is: http://www.dishnetwork.com/packages/local/default.aspx My guess would be highly unlikely for a subchannel, but you never know with Dish. My guess is that you would like to have The CW. I think they should have a station if one is lacking in your market, but my guess is that the local CW on the subchannel may not want that.

I see the following for $2.00/month a piece on my account:
Superstation KTLA (looks like they air CW prime time weeknight programming at 11:00/10:00PM/c)
Superstation KWGN (looks like they air CW prime time weeknight programming at 10:00/9:00PM/c)
Superstation WPIX (looks like they air CW prime time weeknight programming at 8:00/7:00 PM/c.)
Superstation WSBK
Superstation WWOR
I think all superstations can be added for $7.00/month. I should also point out that these are currently in standard definition (SD).

According to zap2it tv listings, KTLA, KWGN, and WPIX are CW affiliates. WSBK appears to be independent and considered an alternate CBS affiliate whenever WBZ-TV cannot do so according to wikipedia. According to zap2it, WWOR is a My Network TV affiliate. I hope that helps.

If you have the option to add superstations and just want to add one of the CWs, then I would look at each of their schedules in order to see which one has programming that you like and what time the CW programming plays.

Last edited:
No... it's not gonna happen soon. It was a point of contention the last time Newport and Dish were in retransmission consent talks and channel 12 (CBS) was almost lost. Newport relented on the sub-channel thing for this round. Anyway, hard to receive this channel in Rhode Island...:) Cincinnati does qualify for WPIX, KWGN or KTLA Superstations (CW affiliates out of NYC, Denver and LA respectively), so that is an option.

Channel 12 is a super-strong VHF channel (Digital channel 12 mapped to 12) and easily received with a good rabbit ear antenna within the beltway and north to about Hamilton and Lebanon. East to Amelia, west to Lawrenceburg and south to Walton, KY. If you live in the northern suburbs in Hamilton Co or Butler, Warren or Clinton Counties, channel 26 CW out of Dayton (Digital 26) provides a booming signal with the same rabbit ear antenna.

So if you get an HD dish receiver with OTA tuner built in, there is really no need for them to carry it via satellite.

Disconnect EHD on 722k

COLOURS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)