Custom Smilies

Status
Not open for further replies.
-->
05.gif
<-- How bout like this?

I downloaded a bunch from the siriusbackstage.com website from a thread over there. How would I insert them?

Your web service provider usually gives you a few megs of space for webpages. You need to upload them to some place that will allow you access to them 'OTHER' than on your computer.

I pay for 50 megs on Sparedollar.com for my ebay images so I upload pics that I use there.

You might want to look around for FREE HOSTING. Just don't use ANGELFIRE. They block all direct linking to images and replace them with the angelfire logo.

Next just type in your message and link to the image using the
insertimage.gif
button.

It is bad ettiquette to link images that are on other servers. I wouldn't link smileys or images from dbstalk or anywhere else on the web since it is technically stealing bandwidth. I use the satelliteguys logo as an example.

logo2.jpg

Every time someone reads this post, 9073 bytes is being used just to display the above logo. On busy sites with larger images this could add quite a bit to their monthly usage charges.

But anyhow.. Enough lecturing.

Upload the images and link to them. Then you can use them on ANY forum that allows image linking.

I uploaded this one from that Siriusbackstage thread:
bam.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

contest server down?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)