Crossing ITU Regions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

alexanderdd2

Original poster
May 13, 2012
Afghanistan
I bought a FTA system from Sadoun and cannot get it to work. I had them ship it to an APO AE address which indicates Armed Forces Europe. I am curious if the different region is the cause and what to do to correct it. Will I need to buy region specific equipment or in the case of Region 2 (US) equipment being used on Region 1 satellites, Would offsetting the transponder frequency by 250 MHz suffice. This is my first system and am at a loss as to what needs done. I am setting up on 68.5 E with the following 5=12562,H,26657,12,DVB-S,QPSK. I can program it into my motorized system but get no signal quality (5%). I am in Afghanistan, so I can recieve signals from both regions 1 & 3.

:welcome to SatelliteGuys!!!!

What system did you get? Which receiver and LNBF. Is the LNBF Universal? Most likely the receiver you got will work, and your LNBF needs to be universal for that bird.

I bought a FTA system from Sadoun and cannot get it to work. I had them ship it to an APO AE address which indicates Armed Forces Europe. I am curious if the different region is the cause and what to do to correct it. Will I need to buy region specific equipment or in the case of Region 2 (US) equipment being used on Region 1 satellites, Would offsetting the transponder frequency by 250 MHz suffice. This is my first system and am at a loss as to what needs done. I am setting up on 68.5 E with the following 5=12562,H,26657,12,DVB-S,QPSK. I can program it into my motorized system but get no signal quality (5%). I am in Afghanistan, so I can recieve signals from both regions 1 & 3.

I bought a SatHawk PVR100 with a Invacom SNH-031 Universal Single LNB 0.3 dB

Satellite Signals in Afghanistan

Your equipment is OK and will work if configured correctly. But the satellite footprint from 68.5E which has a "Europe & Africa" beam doesn't go anywhere near Afghanistan as you can see here. You will never receive that satellite while it's using that beam. Get familiar with satbeams.com. There you can study the footprints of each satellite and find one that falls onto the area of Afghanistan where you are.

Using lyngsat.com, it looks like ABS 1 at 75E is a good one to aim for. From Kandahar, you would point the dish at azimuth 163 degrees and elevation 51.5 degrees. A recent report has come for 12579 H 22000 tp 11S DVB-S. This should be receivable on an 80 cm dish. This transponder has many FTA religious channels. Another transponder to try is 12640 V 22000. Be sure you have a universal LNB configuration in the receiver (LO 9750/10600), and you need to have 22kHz switched ON so your universal LNB will tune the high band.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Who "does the dishes" around your place?

What do I need to get MeTV?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)