Couldn't record NHL Center Ice Game due to copyright?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

uuacallis

Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
I searched around a bit, but didn't see any answer to the issue I observed last night.

I live on the east coast and am a hard core wings fan. Last night they were playing the LA Kings and the game didn't start until 10:30 EST. As a result I decided to set my HR21-700 to record the game and I would watch the second half this morning. Well when I was watching last night it let me pull up the game in my recordings list and watch it, however this morning when I went back to watch the second half it said something to the effect of "searching for authorized content". I called Directv and they told me that the games are copyrighted by the broadcaster and cannot be recorded. It would seem to me that if you can't record the game, it should tell you that when you attempt to record it.

Has anyone else heard of this? I have recorded games in the past and had no issues. In fact, all games I have ever recorded have been from the FSN Detroit feed.

Thanks,
Adam

I have never heard of this other than having HDCP copyright restrictions on non-compliant TV's but that would affect your initial viewing as well. I've recorded all these copyrighted games & never had a problem. Dig a little deeper.

Always recorded the games, big Flames fan, never had a problem recording both Canadian or American channels...

The search for authorized content is what comes up after the game is over.

I would venture that the recording messed up and didnt start till the game was over, or you lost signal till after the game was over, or someone at directv flipped the switch early by mistake.

That happened on the blue jackets game sunday night about midway through the 3rd, and I had to switch to the sd channel.

I doubt anything is wrong with your equip.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

H20-100 Software Release 0x4107 12/17/08

Connect to computer?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)