Coolsat 5000 setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Did I miss something? Did I read (above) that the software that comes with the 5000 is the correct software? I thought that I needed to flash the device.

I am new and read till my eyes have crossed... I'm still looking for the delivery person and want to read the correct setup, therefore, please direct me to the best review.

There are plenty of sites with advise but believe I am at the right site to learn.

Oh, please be nice in your response. Thanks

Iwantit said:
Did I miss something? Did I read (above) that the software that comes with the 5000 is the correct software? I thought that I needed to flash the device.
correct. As with all new receivers the software in it will work just fine out of the box :)

I am new and read till my eyes have crossed... I'm still looking for the delivery person and want to read the correct setup, therefore, please direct me to the best review.

There are plenty of sites with advise but believe I am at the right site to learn.

Are you looking how to set it up?
Need a couple things like what the rest of the system is (dish size, LNB, etc) and zip code/postal code so we can get the right angles for you.

Just left friend's home where he traded a DTV single lnb dish for his FTA to a Dish 1000 dish. Now all he gets is a black screen. Should I tell him trade back or is there something to correct the problem.

He has a new 5000 plat. and NOW attempting to use his DP (3 LNB) 1000 dish. He also referred to the dish as a 'Super Dish'. Any advise? I read something online about a 'DP34 and Mo9dded Superdish list' whatever that is.

Oh, please be nice. I only have the DTV single and just received my 5000 box today. Hope to get it up and running soon.

What channels and satellites are you aiming for?

Merged threads! Please keep your posts here rather than jump on other peoples threads, you will get more help that way.

Last edited:
No need to ask Pete...already know where this is heading

closed thread....we are not a hack site

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Does anybody removed my previous post?

Motorized Dish Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)