Coolsat 4000 Pro ?? Hardware ?? Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RanmaKuno

Original poster
Sep 14, 2005
Hi there,
This seems to be my last resort in trying to find an answer. I will not talk about Hack or anything. Just want an answer. My coolsat 4000 pro that I bought 3 weeks ago suddenly froze (not from bad firmware or anything). Let me start from scratch:
1. Plug the power plug in. (Nothing Else)
2. Turn on from Back of the reciever.
3. Turns on fine but the 10 seconds later, it froze. (both the off mode and the on mode indicated by the clock on the reciever).
4. Within 10 sec. I went into the menu to do a database reset and achieved it. But it still have the same problem of freezing.
(By Freezing, I meant I can not do anything from the buttons on the remote nor the reciever except the switch in back)
5. I tried to reload the factory firmware (ver 1.2) and get an empty channel list. Nothing seems to work.
6. It freeze on any screen I am currently on within that 10 second limit.
Example: if I am on Channel 0002 .. it freezes and the clock (in front of the reciever) shows " 2 " and not "--2-" nor "0002".

Note: I tried this with all the cable connected and not connected ( No matter). When it was working, Dish is in perfect position and had the best signal I can get it.

Please give me some advise. :(

The factory reset should empty your channle lineup. It should result in a complete rest to the way you received it. If it is as new as you say, call the dealer, and you may have to send it to be repaired. There are ways to tell if the CPU is running, and you may have answered that if you were able to go through the menus to the factory reset.
From what I know, there are some quirky things that receivers can do when they get confliction. I caused one such event for myself by scanning in satellits, then moving to another dish and scanning in others. PBS gave me a tip and said that I should clear my TP list and rescan everything. I did and it worked fine ever since. In your case, since you have done a factory reset, you should be back to what they shipped you, and by this you know your CPU is running. Of course, if you loaded any other firmware after you received the receiver, you may have a situation where you will have to go back to AL7BAR.TK and ask them for help with making a Jtag cable. Good luck in getting anyone to help you there. Make one last ditch attempt to load the factory firmware, but get it started as soon as you boot. Have the PC already to roll and hit that load key as soon as your receiver will accept it. If it starts to load, it may finish before a lockup. I hope some of this helps.. Joe

Loading the files are fine after I restart the reciever. Downloaded the factory firmware until it complete. Then it reset and came into the same problem.

Thank you for trying. I have been at this for a while.. Asking everyone and everywhere, that is why I said that is might be my last resort.

Download factory bin is not enough.

In your case, you need to reset the database to factory setting. Then reflesh the 1.2 bin, and download a known working channel list into your receiver. Then everything will be fine. If you just download the factory bin 1.2 without download the channel list. It won't work. I have the same case like you before the every is freeze and the TV is blinking black and white with no response to the remote control.

I just recently did it exactly like you told me but unfortunately it does not conclude the way it should be. Same problem remain.

Technojunky said:
Of course, if you loaded any other firmware after you received the receiver, you may have a situation where you will have to go back to AL7BAR.TK and ask them for help with making a Jtag cable. Good luck in getting anyone to help you there. Make one last ditch attempt to load the factory firmware, but get it started as soon as you boot. Have the PC already to roll and hit that load key as soon as your receiver will accept it. If it starts to load, it may finish before a lockup. I hope some of this helps.. Joe

:mad: AL7BAR.TK is confirmed hack site :mad:

Technojunky said:
The Coolsat Pro 4000 has a two year warranty. What is keeping you from contacting them for service? www.coolsatusa.com

hmmm.... :no

Hack sites have some good points, one being when you are fixing your hardware. They break more of it, so they get more experience in fixing it.

When someone posted a fix for the Ultra clock, I was very tempted to load it. Why the heck can't the Fortec people fix the darn clock, why do we have to have hackers doing it? It would be nice if they would have patched the clock alone and not mixed it in with that other stuff they do. :D

CLOSING THREAD

Just a FYI...The website posted above IS NOT ALLOWED HERE!!

I don't care if you think they have "some good info", that basically violates the no hack talk policy, This has been our policy since day one

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Coolsat Diseqc Switch

Analog Ku reception

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)