Comments on the Digiwave DG7000 anyone?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

smata67

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2005
This unit can be had shipped for $100 with a 4x1 switch and serial cable, should I just go ahead and get it? I'm not sure if it has the "blind scan" everyone keeps talking about, it claims to have "automatic network search for transponders" is that the same thing? It has S-Video connection, dolby digital optical output, on screen program guide. Is it really worth shelling out another $100 for the CoolSat? The ftacenter.com site compliments the CoolSat on how quickly it "searches" satellites, but how often do you need to do that?

I plan on tying an existing Dish500 to it to get GolTV, and purchase a 76 or 100mm dish with the ASC321 lnb and fix it on hispasat 1C (I'm interested in the spanish language channels there), perhaps later adding another motorized dish to scan other satellites, I need two dishes because of obstructions. I am also interested in CubaVision, but I read here that a universal lnb is needed and may not work as well on everything else as a linear one, is this correct?

This unit can be had shipped for $100 with a 4x1 switch and serial cable, should I just go ahead and get it? I'm not sure if it has the "blind scan" everyone keeps talking about, it claims to have "automatic network search for transponders" is that the same thing?
No. Blind scan finds the unknown frequencies. The Digiwave you have to program in the info (frequency, symbol rate, and polarity). Auto search searches the frequencies that you programmed in
It has S-Video connection, dolby digital optical output, on screen program guide.
The on screen guide part doesn’t work in the US…only in Europe
Is it really worth shelling out another $100 for the CoolSat? The ftacenter.com site compliments the CoolSat on how quickly it "searches" satellites, but how often do you need to do that?
I have both and they compliment each other. The coolsat will blind scan. Works great for the unknown news feed or sporting event
I plan on tying an existing Dish500 to it to get GolTV, and purchase a 76 or 100mm dish with the ASC321 lnb and fix it on hispasat 1C (I'm interested in the spanish language channels there), perhaps later adding another motorized dish to scan other satellites, I need two dishes because of obstructions.
That’s fine. I have multiple dishes. Also, Hispasat 1C is KU band and Gol is DBS.
I am also interested in CubaVision, but I read here that a universal lnb is needed and may not work as well on everything else as a linear one, is this correct?

Cubavision on PAS9 needs a universal LNB because of the frequency difference. It is more difficult to work with a universal than a standard. But Cubavision is also on Hispasat, which can use a regular LNB

The Digiwave is a nice unit (does control a motor) but if you are in FTA for news feeds or sports feeds, the Digiwave will disappoint. Main reason is no blind scan. I scan nightly on a couple of satellites (SBS6 & AMC9) to see what’s new for sports (baseball especially) so the Coolsat works real well for that. I also have a Pansat that blind scans too.

Sounds like it does not have blind scan, just TP scan. If that is the case keep looking (IMO) You are right about the universal LNBF unless you get a really good one it will not work as good as a standard LNBF.
I use the Invacom LNBF (universal) and I am VERY happy with it, I can watch Cubavision and it works great on all the other channels because of the low noise figure (0.3db)

PSB
The Digiwave 7000 doesn't have blind scan, only TP or satellite scan
My KUsat2600 is a clone of the 7000 (its like the Microyal 1000 too)

So I see, I posted the above at the same time as you.... : )

I called ftacenter, they confirm no blind scan on the DG. Also remote is not universal. You guys just added $150 to my system. Coolsat 4000 Pro, Invacom LNB. When are those prices going to drop?

Will dish size have a major impact on the above system? I was going to look for the Winegard 76mm, but if the 100mm is going to make my life easier, maybe I should swing for that, too. In for pound...

Will dish size have a major impact on the above system? I was going to look for the Winegard 76mm, but if the 100mm is going to make my life easier, maybe I should swing for that, too. In for pound

The 76cm dish is standard, but I would shoot for a larger dish up front if you can. I have a 76cm and am kicking myself wishing I had a 90cm dish

Larger dish-more signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Soccer on FTA

Ok, what am I missing? :-p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)