Comcast connectivity in DFW?

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Anyone else having issues with Comcast tonight? Our signal started out to be intermittent to absolutely no connectivity back to intermittent. Comcast says it will be the 14th before they can come out to fix it, which is unacceptable to me.

Go run by the Comcast office and swap out your modem to see if that helps. I was getting very slow downloads for a couple of weeks and Comcast told me it would be at least a week before anyone came out. I ran over to the office, got a new modem and now my downloads are where they should be.

Well, see my modem is one I bought 3 months ago.

I sucks that I had to do this, but I called to cancel my service and viola, my service date has been moved up to this Thursday from 2-5!

I'm looking at a wireless ISP option where the monthly price with modem rental is only $39.95 a month.

Cable internet is out yet again. DAMMIT.

I have on call duty this weekend from work that requires an internet connection.

Hey try looking at the splitter that the modem cable is connected to, also inspect the cable line(s) to see how they look. Turn the modem off before you do this though, check the connections at the splitter, if they look anything other than clean then you may have a problem. Signs of contamination would include a white or black power, green residue, water in the connection. If its clean you can try replacing the splitter with another one, it should be rated at 3000mhz. Also where I have seen issues with signal at is where the modem is hooked up at in the overal system. The modem feed line should only have one splitter between it and the drop from the pole to the house, you should also consider inspecting the wall plate if there is one to see if the barrel connection is even rated, if its clear then you have a barrel connection thats not rated for 3000mhz.

Verizon Fios TV pricing in Keller, TX

Woo hoo! SA8300HD box

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)