Color Issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

directvfreak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I bought the new H-20 from www.valueelectrinics.com about 2 weeks ago. It's been working great until now. About every 10 minutes the color goes wacky and orage becomes brown and blue becomes puke green and stuff like that. I have to reset the reciver for the problem to go away. It get very annoying resetting the receiver a couple times every time you watch tv. What should I do? Should I have directv ship one out or contact value electronics. My only worrie with directv is the might not ship the new MPEG 4 receiver to me. HELP!

MATT

are you using the component video outputs? My DVD player does the same thing because one of the connections is not very good so it loses the color until you tap the back of the unit. If you bought a MPEG-4 reciever and return it you should get another MPEG-4 to replace it.

next time it happens try to shake the connection a bit and make sure the wires are secure. If this fixes the problem there is probably an issue with the connections on the box, the tv, or the wires could be bad. The problem could be caused by something else but this is just one possibility.

Yup, sounds like your R (red) of the RBG. Pull em out and put them back in, see if they are secure and go from there.

Thanks! I turned on my TV and the H-20 and unpluged the red from the back and it looked the same as the problem! You were right! It's the red compnent video jack. It still kept happing though so value electronics is sending out a new one.

Matt

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DVR with 1 line

Problem with the H20 & 5 LNB AT9 Dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts