Cnn International

Electron

Original poster
May 1, 2005
Does anybody have any ideas as to how we can convince E or D to carry
CNN International? With all of the foreign programming on E it seems to make sense for E to offer an excellent channel with a world veiw in English.

For the sake of the morning program and especially for Richard Quest - I really like his style :) -, I agree but if you really want some foreign news (that's a good sign ;)), check out NWI. They are the best mix: Detsche Welle, CBC, Chinese and other news programs always. Great news feed and also great reports.

I think the problem is that you have to convince CNN to make CNNI available domestically. AFAIK CNNI was only available as part of the now-defunked CNN-FN. CNNI has never been available in the US as a stand-alone channel. And remember that much of the CNNi schedule is the same or time-shifted programming as the parent channel.

In reality, I want an internatinal news from a news source with a completely different editorial POV. BBC, ABC (Australian Broadcasting Company), CBC, Dueche Welle (English), etc.

See ya
Tony

Watch cctvi

Electron said:
Does anybody have any ideas as to how we can convince E or D to carry
CNN International? With all of the foreign programming on E it seems to make sense for E to offer an excellent channel with a world veiw in English.

It comes out of China, and reports internationally. It is far superior to any news source here.

one more thing dish, cable both carry CCITV, and it is broadcast in English

I do not know if DTV carries it

TNGTony said:
I think the problem is that you have to convince CNN to make CNNI available domestically. AFAIK CNNI was only available as part of the now-defunked CNN-FN. CNNI has never been available in the US as a stand-alone channel. And remember that much of the CNNi schedule is the same or time-shifted programming as the parent channel.

It was on Voom, it's on Time Warner etc - I doubt it's not "domesticated".

In reality, I want an internatinal news from a news source with a completely different editorial POV. BBC, ABC (Australian Broadcasting Company), CBC, Dueche Welle (English), etc.

See ya
Tony

That's what I just said above: that's exactly NWI. :cool:

jeslevine said:
It comes out of China, and reports internationally. It is far superior to any news source here.

CNN International has nothing to do with China - it's from London, as they say this for example every morning 10x.

Thanks for the response, but CNNi was available on VOOM as a stand
alone channel. Most of their programming is different that what CNN
and Headline News offers in the US.
Richard Quest is funny and has great style....
along with stories that we just do not see in the US. Richard was live on
the test flight for the new jumbo Airbus plane. We did not see that on CNN.

And, by the way, CNN has studios in Asia where they broadcast part of the day just as they do in London and elsewhere.

Electron said:
And, by the way, CNN has studios in Asia where they broadcast part of the day just as they do in London and elsewhere.

Those stand-ups and reports still go through London. :)

BTW I was a journalist in Eu for long years (in the 90s), I still have friends, at CNNi as well as at BBC and othe places. :)

How to dim the display on Moto DCT6412

Tech Questions on the Motorola 6412

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)