Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dee_Ann

Angry consumer!
Original poster
May 23, 2009
Texas
Hi guys,

Just a quick question, I heard rumors that a new channel called PB&J is coming to air, eventually. Here's an alleged promo for the channel,

I was googling around and it seems that satellite info is out of date on various sites or at the very least, out of sync.

One site I found says there is something of interest on the satellite at 137. I think it's an Alaskan satellite.

I'm not yet able to get a dish pointed over that way just yet and even so, I fear trees are going to put the brakes on that one anyway.

Is there really anything on 137 to make it worth the trouble (cutting trees down again) or should I just sit tight and hope that the channel will show up on other satellites that are easier to aim at?

I would love to get those old time cartoons, I haven't seen most of those since I was little. Cartoons from the 80's and up are of no interest to me. Well, except for Winnie the Pooh. I used to watch that back in the 80's. I liked it a lot then and I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

Thanks.. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The station is still not on the air. They log but are black screens with nothing on them

On 137W there are some feeds for locations that 87W is difficult to get. Its mainly the national feed of RTV East, West, TuffTV East, West and a couple other Luken owned stations. Most are the same as on 87W

about 3 weeks ago I locked the mux and here is what was on each station

QC1-black screen (nothing on it...sat on channel for 5 minutes...not scrambled)
QC2-black screen (nothing on it...sat on channel for 5 minutes...not scrambled)
InCountry TV-Paid Program for that Zumba Dance
WHDT....RTV in HD (but black bars on top and bottom of screen)....schedule http://myretrotv.com/prog_schedules/WHDT.pdf
XPBJ E...black screen (nothing on it...sat on channel for 5 minutes...not scrambled)
Pursuit...The Pursuit Channel....hunting show was on
WVUE..an old B&W cowboy type show...schedule http://myretrotv.com/prog_schedules/WVUE.pdf
WOOT...black screen (nothing on it...sat on channel for 5 minutes...not scrambled)
KOTA...same as the RTV East feed
KFOX...same as the RTV East feed
KRTN...old B&W show on (not the same as WVUE)...schedule http://myretrotv.com/prog_schedules/KRTN.pdf
RTV E...RTV East feed (cleaner than the 83W feed)
RTV W...RTC West feed
Tuff E...Tuff TV East feed (cleaner than the 83W feed)
Tuff W...Tuff TV West feed
Luken Utility...had a loop of the old intro of "closing Remarks"...just the 30 second intro over and over and over
XPBJ W...black screen (nothing on it...sat on channel for 5 minutes...not scrambled)
XFTV E....My Family TV East (the feed that use to be on 121)
XFTV W...My Family TV West
Luc 2...color bars

The station is still not on the air. They log but are black screens with nothing on them

On 137W there are some feeds for locations that 87W is difficult to get. Its mainly the national feed of RTV East, West, TuffTV East, West and a couple other Luken owned stations. Most are the same as on 87W

about 3 weeks ago I locked the mux and here is what was on each station

QC1-black screen (nothing on it...sat on channel for 5 minutes...not scrambled)
QC2-black screen (nothing on it...sat on channel for 5 minutes...not scrambled)
InCountry TV-Paid Program for that Zumba Dance
WHDT....RTV in HD (but black bars on top and bottom of screen)....schedule http://myretrotv.com/prog_schedules/WHDT.pdf
XPBJ E...black screen (nothing on it...sat on channel for 5 minutes...not scrambled)
Pursuit...The Pursuit Channel....hunting show was on
WVUE..an old B&W cowboy type show...schedule http://myretrotv.com/prog_schedules/WVUE.pdf
WOOT...black screen (nothing on it...sat on channel for 5 minutes...not scrambled)
KOTA...same as the RTV East feed
KFOX...same as the RTV East feed
KRTN...old B&W show on (not the same as WVUE)...schedule http://myretrotv.com/prog_schedules/KRTN.pdf
RTV E...RTV East feed (cleaner than the 83W feed)
RTV W...RTC West feed
Tuff E...Tuff TV East feed (cleaner than the 83W feed)
Tuff W...Tuff TV West feed
Luken Utility...had a loop of the old intro of "closing Remarks"...just the 30 second intro over and over and over
XPBJ W...black screen (nothing on it...sat on channel for 5 minutes...not scrambled)
XFTV E....My Family TV East (the feed that use to be on 121)
XFTV W...My Family TV West
Luc 2...color bars

Oh wow.... Ok, thank you, that's very helpful to know because I was going to give it a try. I would have gone bonkers trying to get, nothing..

In an attempt to save myself a ~little~ misery I got that dish aiming app for my iPhone..

It seems that some satellites, at least for me, will be "winter only" access.. :(

Last fall I was able to get the Cuban satellite but I'm currently not.. :(

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

What really ticks me off about this is these trees are "trash trees", the kind that birds sit on the fence pooping seeds then lazy people never cut them down when they are saplings. Then when storms come through, like last week, these trash trees whip around and tear down your power lines, cable, phone, internet, etc... Grrrrrrr!!! :mad:

A walk down memory lane!

Hey Dee!

Remember when cartoons were on Saturday morning only and maybe a couple popped in on Sunday morning???

I remember getting up early Saturday morning and watching the national anthem when the station came on about 7:45AM. Then David and Goliath would come on for 15 minutes and then it was cartoons until 1:00PM for me finishing up with Fat Albert!
David and Goliath was not a cartoon but it was something to watch when every one else was sleeping!

Sunday morning offered Bullwinkle, Jonny Quest, Mutley and Dastardly and a show called Make a Wish which was not a cartoon but was watched!

Hey Dee!

Remember when cartoons were on Saturday morning only and maybe a couple popped in on Sunday morning???

I remember getting up early Saturday morning and watching the national anthem when the station came on about 7:45AM. Then David and Goliath would come on for 15 minutes and then it was cartoons until 1:00PM for me finishing up with Fat Albert!
David and Goliath was not a cartoon but it was something to watch when every one else was sleeping!

Sunday morning offered Bullwinkle, Jonny Quest, Mutley and Dastardly and a show called Make a Wish which was not a cartoon but was watched!

Well, I shouldn't really do this but, well I'm at the half century mark. So I remember cartoons that are long, long gone now... Saturday mornings for me were a very different world than they are now. We had a black and white set through the 60's so I only got to watch color cartoons when I got to spend the weekend with my grandmother, Grandpa was very well to do and bought a big color console tv, and I spent a lot of time over there when I was little.. ;)

I remember when Looney Toons were the de facto standard cartoon. Road Runner and stuff like that. Oh, and Tex Avery stuff. Tom & Jerry, Lulu, Felix, Casper.. Etc.. The REAL cartoons. Hand painted cells, not this computerized nonsense. During the 70's I didn't watch much if any TV so I really just don't remember what cartoons were on during that era.

I also used to love the old Disney shows that came on once a week. And Red Skelton. I know that wasn't a cartoon show but it's the time frame of when TV wasn't so bad like it is now.

I did like the Winnie the Pooh cartoons, I think they came out in the late 70's or early 80's. Seems like I was in my early 20's or there about when those were airing. I used to sit in my tiny apartment sipping coffee and watching them and Smurfs. Winnie the Pooh was a clean, feel good form of escapism that I really enjoyed a lot. When they took that off the air that ended my cartoon watching. At least until I had kids.

My kids were little in the late 80's and through the early to mid 90's and the cartoons that aired then, I couldn't stand! NONE of them. And my son, he dominated the TV. There weren't many cartoons on for girls to begin with and he made darn sure that his sister didn't get to see any of them.

Anyway, the cartoons I like were the ones primarily inked and shot in the 40's - 60's. Years ago I was at a friend's house and she had on a cable channel for her kids that was running old cartoons, I ~think~ it was Toonland or something like that, I don't recall the name. But I'll bet a box of donuts that they ditched all the oldies and are running reality shows and computer cartoons now..

Sigh.... :(

The only classic cartoon programming I can receive is "Totally Tooned In" on the Antenna TV Network on Saturday mornings. Unfortunately this channel isn't available on satellite. I receive it OTA on a local subchannel of WNYA. It's just what you're looking for. Perhaps you can suggest it to a local TV station, it can't hurt.

Before LCN left satellite and went to fiber distribution last Fall, they aired classic toons as well.

thisTV airs the Pink Panther series of cartoons but they are probably newer than what you're looking for.

We don't get "Antenna TV" here. I rather doubt we ever will. The nearest one is in Houston and that is 100+ miles away. My folks can no longer get ANY Houston channels since everything went digital. Before digital they could pick up lots of Houston and Louisiana channels, they have a huge antenna up 30' high with a motor to turn it around from below. Not a smart motor, just a knob on a box you turn, there is a pointer on the knob and compass points on the box. You turn it to a compass point and it makes chugging noises as it turns the antenna around. A little light on the box goes on and off when the antenna is moving. For 30+ years they could get stuff from waaaaaaaaaay off with that setup and now with the digital, they can only get local channels, period. :(

If they can't get Houston I know there's no way I will be able to, my antenna is only 20' up, it's a small, cheap one with no motor and it just barely works for the local channels.. Our area is very much behind the times in everything. We're 50 years behind Houston and always the very last to adopt to new things. The local stations waited to go digital down to the absolute deadline and they still haven't gotten it working right yet. Several of the local channels are broadcasting a 1920x1080 ~~ signal ~~ but the picture itself is still the old resolution and displays as a small square in the middle of a LOT of black border...

I guess if you don't have cable or pizza dish tv you're just out of luck when you live in the boonies..

Oh, and Pink Panther is cool with me. I grew up with that toon too. I like the first ones though and not the later versions that they messed up, like the later versions of Tom & Jerry were outsourced to Czechoslovakia and the artwork was HORRIBLE. The 50's was the last time Tom & Jerry was watchable. They really botched it up from the 60's on...

Last edited:
I only got to watch color cartoons when I got to spend the weekend with my grandmother..........I also used to love the old Disney shows that came on once a week. :(

I will always remember as I was growing up, every Sunday going to my Grandparents to watch The Wounderful World of Disney. We only had a B&W set and they had Colour. Many times they had a can of A&P (grocery store chain around here at the time) branded pop for me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Trying to get Peace TV on G18

A newbie motorized dish elevation question - regarding WSI9036

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)