Cinemax HD picture quality

JEFFinINDY

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 31, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
Does anyone else think that Cinemax HD looks pretty bad, compared to the other HD channels? I was watching Superman Returns last night, and it looked really, well, bad (compression artifacts, blocky in fast motion, dull colors).

Maybe it's just me, but most of my other HD channels look great. My dish was recently re-peaked so I'm getting a decent 71 signal strength from 129 on the Cinemax transponder.

Jeff

I just logged in to post on the same issue.

I recorded "Superman Returns" on 6/16 and just got around to watching it tonight. Very poor HD quality. Reminds me a lot of where Starz HD was last year.

Recorded mine off of 61.5

Yeah, I put on Universal HD today for a bit and changed the channel VERY soon because it was so pixelated and hard to watch. (Cinemax and Univeral are on the same transponder 27)

Not here

I'm not seeing the problem on SKIN a max. The giant jugs in 16 X 9 look just as doctored as ever. Universal HD on the other hand is just a black screen.

I just logged in to post on the same issue.

I recorded "Superman Returns" on 6/16 and just got around to watching it tonight. Very poor HD quality. Reminds me a lot of where Starz HD was last year.

Recorded mine off of 61.5

MAXHD on 61.5 is better than the version on 129. It also seems to get most of the bandwidth available on the mux so I'm thinking the main problem might be the mpeg4 conversions or just a poor cinemaxHD source.

FIRST LOOK: Dish ViP722 Receiver!

loss of even TP on 110 w/ DP34 on legacy system

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)