cheaper to fix an sg2100 or go for a new motor?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mastermesh

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
The sg2100 clicks when you push the button to move east/west, but the motor's not moving east or west. Manual says that when this happens you should check with the dealer to get it repaired. Would it be cheaper to try to get it fixed or just buy a new one, or forget about it and aim as a stationary at g10r?

Does it have a warranty?
Ask the dealer how much to fix it.
They sell for 69 bux...so its hard to spend too much on fixing it. IMHO.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Go to http://www.dmsiusa.com/ra_form.htm if you would like to get a RA. We still only charge $25 for the bench charge. Of course there may be some parts that need replacing. If it's under 1 year, provide a copy of your proof of purchase (your invoice). You'll see full instructions on the website. Mention that you're a SatellliteGuys member and we'll give you special treatment. ;o) You're welcome to email me if you have questions. tim@dmsiusa.com

would warantee still exist if one of the labels that says warantee void if broken is broken due to accident. Screw was not unscrewed, but the label was broken on accident. Think I slipped when tightening something and accidentally bumped the label... Also, will warantee still be valid if there's some dielectric grease and silicone on the motor that were put there to help prevent the elements from getting to it?

All I can tell you is, send it in and we'll look at it. As long as there's no obvious abuse I don't think it will be a problem. Make sure you get a RA #. It will speed up the repairs and give you a number to reference.

Guess I'm going stationary for a while. I set up stationary on G10r over the weekend and will stay there a while (indefinitely).

If the motors weren't so cheap, I'd probably get an RA and try to get it fixed, but at the cost of 45 dollars an hour to repair + parts or 25.00 for them just to say that its not covered under warantee + shipping, I think it'd be cheaper to just buy a new motor.

Someday down the road we may get another motor. When the motor was working we spent most of our time on G10 and the bird with Fox KUIL. Loss of KUIL is sad, but we have another Fox OTA local station that will work for now (although it's a bit fuzzy since the reception isn't the greatest in our area for it).

I would set up the primestar to pick up KUIL, but the wife says she definitely does not want another dish in the yard or on the roof, so primestar will sit in the basement collecting dust for now...

Thanks for the replies.

Last edited:
mastermesh said:
I would set up the primestar to pick up KUIL, but the wife says she definitely does not want another dish in the yard or on the roof, so primestar will sit in the basement collecting dust for now...

Thanks for the replies.
Boy does that ever sound familiar. Why dont they understand? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know there's a fox on G10, but I think they are a shared network or something and are both fox and upn or something?

mastermesh said:
If the motors weren't so cheap, I'd probably get an RA and try to get it fixed, but at the cost of 45 dollars an hour to repair + parts or 25.00 for them just to say that its not covered under warantee + shipping, I think it'd be cheaper to just buy a new motor.

Maybe I haven't made myself clear. I'm not sure where you got the $45 per hour. We charge $25 bench charge which includes the first hour on the bench. If my techs can't fix a motor within a hour, they wouldn't be working here. This only applies if it's out of warranty.

If it's in warranty, it only costs you the shipping to get it to my facility. Repair and return shipping is covered under warranty.

All you need is proof of purchase (copy of your purchase receipt) to validate your warranty.

mastermesh said:
Yeah, I know there's a fox on G10, but I think they are a shared network or something and are both fox and upn or something?

WMQF? out of MI I THINK is all fox.......not 100% sure though. I know I see all my FOX shows on it.

WMQF is Fox all the time except between 9-11PM Central then its UPN. But they are legally a Fox Network with a secondary affiliation of UPN (soon to be MNTV)

Springer is syndicated so he is on a variety of channels
He's on our local WB in Minneapolis and on NBC in Duluth (late night)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MPEG-2/DVB/FTA Coolsat Receiver - New User Questions...

problem/question about diseqc motor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts