Channel Guide Advertisements?!?

mapezaid

Original poster
Jul 24, 2010
CA
Sorry if this is a repeat but I tried to search for it and didn't see anything.

In the past few days, the channel guide has begun devoting a whole line to a VOD advertisement. Is everyone else seeing this, and does it tick you off as much as it does me? :rant::rant:

I don't use VOD. I do use the channel guide, and this advertisement takes up an entire line of information (1 of 5). We already pay enough for the service, we shouldn't have to watch ads for something many of us never use. I use the channel guide a LOT and every time I see this ad now it pisses me off.

Ridiculous question, but can I get rid of this? Did I miss the thread on this, or do people just not care? This kind of thing just really gets to me -- it's like airlines charging for bags or websites that you pay for with banner ads. If Dish is going to start creeping little things like this into the service, it might be time to try someone else.

Ohhhhh YOUR awesome! (haha JK) :D

For some reason I didn't even consider that this might be a function.

Hope this lets someone else know how to yank a little thorn out.

So much for my searching skills!

They must have set this to 'disable' for me because I never saw it until a few days ago.

Don't know if others have experienced the same, but it appears that the ads do not show in any favorites lists. I rarely use the "all channels" or "all subs" guide, but when I happened to toggle by one of those the other day, I saw one of those VOD ads. Now, I suppose if you have any PPV or VOD channels in one of your favorites lists, then the ad could appear in those.

Eric

Did they ever make it where you can permanently lock the channel 1 VOD out of the guide (on a 722)? There was talk about an update to fix this but I never heard if it happened or not. I can lock them out but when the receiver resets/reboots they come back.

Did they ever make it where you can permanently lock the channel 1 VOD out of the guide (on a 722)? There was talk about an update to fix this but I never heard if it happened or not. I can lock them out but when the receiver resets/reboots they come back.
I have a 722K and a 722. On the K, 1VOD has been locked out for weeks. On the 722, it comes back almost daily. Software is only thing I can think of as to why.:confused:

well now it's on the 625, as of today, i noticed an ad on the bottom of my guide on my DVR, but i disabled it quickly, if u have a 625 and want to get rid of those ads on the guide, press menu on your remote, then press 6, 1, 7 and then hit the Disable part of the Enable/Disable banner in Guide on the TV Enhancement setting.

Equipment suggestions please

So where does DISH advertise more then just a token...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts