Channel 512 Cinemax movies say HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yeah I just noticed that too. They are also talking about it over at the AVS Forum also! Unusally but it only make you wonder too!

The CSR at D* responce was that although 512 is not listed as a HD channel they do broadcast shows that are HD.It may not be HD programming all the time but if a movie or show is available in HD then it will be broadcast in HD

Just ordered Cinemax on line to check it out,while it says that it is HD it does not seem to be the PQ of the channels on the HD pak.The PQ is far better than SD channels,but still seems to lack the crispness of HBO-HD or for that matter HDNET(but other than Discovery-HD not much compares to HDNET)It still is HD though and from what the CSR was saying if something was on Stars that could be broadcast in HD,and although it is not listed as a HD channel it will be broadcast in HD,maybe this is the first steps of D* playing around with the new birds.

No flames please just passing on what I have heard and seen

If that is true Spiderman 2 is on right now in HD.

Dawg *+ (2002, Comedy) @12pm in HD

The Postman ** (1997, Drama) @ 1:30pm in HD

and much more. Cinemax does not kid around with their HD presentation. When it is HD, it is HD and not SD.

Plywodstatebum said:
Since Starzs, Cinemax, & the Movie Channel all have there own HD channels, would'nt their HD be broadcast on them?

I would think that it will be the case since not every STB on D* would be able to see to see the CinemaxHD. This is why HBO SD and HBO HD simulcast the same programming on two different channels. The incompatibility of the SD STBs to see the HD channels. By definition an SD channel is no less than 2-3 mbps and a HD channel needs at least 10-15 mbps. I do not see it but I could be wrong.

I also noticed that around 2am or so Cinemax has shows listed with out the HD tag,then picks back up around 6am.Thats alright though I am asleep by then,well except this morning when my 7 year old daughter woke up at 3:00 with a vision in a dream on how to beat one of her games on Gamecube,and had to mess with that for an hour,I know I should have told her "Back to bed" but when a 7 year old princess wakes up on a quest it best ot let it ride

FlyingJ said:
Should we consider this a false alarm attributed to Program Guide error and of couse wishful thinking?
Its a False Alarm! :no Will somebody please end this thread now! :mad:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

For Satelite Guys and Silver Surfer

D10 System Test

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)