Changing Firmware On DG7000 Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jaymes

Original poster
Jul 4, 2005
Hi Everyone,

I have read here and on some other forums that you can actually change or swap the firmware on the DG7000 with other receivers firmware, such as Pansat, Fortec, etc. thus making the DG7000 to operate like those higher priced receiver.

Is there someone here who has done that, and if so, did it work? How about the remote control unit? Does it also need to be replaced, reprogrammed, or once the firmware is swapped the remote control unit works fine?

Any suggestion or discussion on this subject would be informative and appreciated? :)

If you're read this on "other" forums (I think I know where you read it) you should be very careful about where you've surfing and what you're loading onto your STB for two reasons:

Certain manufacturers aren't too pleased with other makers cloning their electronics and it only takes a few byte alterations in the firmware to turn your receiver into a doorstop - STB designers aren't stupid and will do what they can to protect their IP (ironic, huh?)
The other issue is with questionable features in the firmware, if you're flashing your STB with firmware found on these sites you're verging on the illegal with firmware which isn't officially supported nor covered under warranty.

What don't you like about your DG7000?

manufactures

Never flash receivers with other brands firmware. For legal software upgrades use the manufactures site.. for digiwave, it is digiwave.net

Status
Please reply by conversation.

no picture?

Traxis 4500 and 3 other receivers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts