Cant view SD channels without side bars after TWC update

Chip718

Original poster
Mar 11, 2008
Hi. I am having a issue with my Time Warner Samsung HD box running the Mystro software.

I always keep my cable box powered on. The other day I realized it was off and that usually means that TW did an update to the box. When it started up I noticed that the video on SD channels had black bars on each side of the picture, as if the view mode was set to "Normal", even though the setting was on "Full"." I assumed it was the TV (Sony Bravia) so I tried changing the view settings to Zoom, Stretch, etc., but the picture still had the black bars on the sides. I than tried changing the setting on my cable box, but again no go.

The funny thing HD content, menus and banners take up the full screen. It is just standard SD stuff. After all this happened I turned the same box on in my bedroom and I am having the same issue. I called TW and they had no idea of the issue. The only thing the CRS told me to do was to reboot the box, which I already did a couple of times.

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I have both TVs connected to th TWC box via HDMI. I also tried component cables, but it still had the side bars. Composite cables worked, but then I cant view HD. I would say it was a bad box, but it is happeneing on 2 in my home and to a friend of mine also.

weird that component wouldnt work, with HDMI you have no choice, but should with component, try with component again, and run through the settings. Or hook up compnent and wait for a update to see if that maybe clears things up, Time warner is really jacking around with their boxes now!

try hooking up your boxes through component cables (rgb) then disable your 480I output then hook back up to hdmi and the problem should be fixed.i hope i got that right but ill check tomorrow at work for the email for that fix after the new software upgrade. hope that helps

CableCARD Users Can't Get Voom HD

new HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts