Can't Transfer Shows to Pocket Dish

uptownvideo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
I have a Pocket Dish that I have always been able to transfer standard def programs from dvr. I am not able to transfer programs anymore eventhough they were recorded on a non hd channel. I get the error message that the are recorded in HD and can not be transfered.

Another thing I noticed is that my locals NBC, FOX, ABC, and CBS are now only in HD. I used to receive HD and SD.
This is a problem since I do enjoy using the PocketDish. I know if I call Dish Network they won't even know what I am talking about.

Thank you,
Scott

Hi Scott,
I was recently updated to a single Dish. I am not exactly sure if it is Eastern Arc or not. I live in Northern VA. This is really agrevating as Dish did not say anything about this. They should be able to upgrade the firmware on the Pocket Dish to handle this mpeg4.

Yes, you are EA. As Scott said, we are all mpeg-4 here, even the SD channels. Archos never updated the firmware to read mpeg-4 programs, even though the player is native mpeg-4. They also never made the Dish plug-in work on gen 4 players such as my 404, though they did make it work for gen 5 players. Gen 6 and later are also out of luck.

Could Dish put a second dish up to get the standard def mpeg2 channels back that i was receiving before?

Could Dish put a second dish up to get the standard def mpeg2 channels back that i was receiving before?

Problem is if you add 110 or 119 to the mix what will happen is the receiver is still going to choose the eastern arc satellite for the channel, so even adding 110 or 119 causes a problem as you will never see any channels from them because the eastern arc sat takes precedent then western arcs, only thing I could think of is maybe going back to a western arc and then adding a wing dish for where your locals are, (don't think this will be free though)

He will gain by adding 119. That will give him his locals in SD, MPEG2. (At least for now) That way, keep the Eastern Arc, add 119 and he will always get his locals in SD/MPEG2 to record to his pocket dish, because there are no SD local channels on the Eastern Arc. and will therefore default to the Western ARC.

Tampa8, Do you know if I add the 119 I will get channels such as TNT and CMT and HGTV in mpeg2 SD?

Tampa8, Do you know if I add the 119 I will get channels such as TNT and CMT and HGTV in mpeg2 SD?

I did not include them, because theoretically you won't get them. You will get those channels off of the Eastern ARC, they will not be duplicated in your guide off the Western ARC. But the locals in SD are ONLY on the Western ARC and will be in the guide and you should be able to put them on the pocket dish.

You could possibly temporarily only hook up 119 and then do a check switch. You will then only have programming that is off of that satellite in the guide.

By the way, it has nothing to do with what ARC you are supposed to get as to where the programming comes from when you have both ARCs. The receiver takes channels from the lower numbered satellites first. So even if you were supposed to be on the Western ARC, if you had both ARCs you would still get programming off the Eastern ARC first.

I did not include them, because theoretically you won't get them. You will get those channels off of the Eastern ARC, they will not be duplicated in your guide off the Western ARC. But the locals in SD are ONLY on the Western ARC and will be in the guide and you should be able to put them on the pocket dish.

You could possibly temporarily only hook up 119 and then do a check switch. You will then only have programming that is off of that satellite in the guide.

By the way, it has nothing to do with what ARC you are supposed to get as to where the programming comes from when you have both ARCs. The receiver takes channels from the lower numbered satellites first. So even if you were supposed to be on the Western ARC, if you had both ARCs you would still get programming off the Eastern ARC first.

Beat me to the punch Tampa8, But again to sum it up, even if you have 119 in the mix plus the eastern arc satellite it will still choose the show on the eastern side and you will never see anything but your locals in mpeg2 from 119, only thing I can think of is going back to western arc (why do you have eastern again if your locals are on 119?)

Only his SD locals are on 119. If he's in northern VA, he's in an EA DMA like myself.

only thing I can think of is going back to western arc (why do you have eastern again if your locals are on 119?)

OR - just connecting 119 temporarily as I described to get more than his locals. As Krell said, he has 119 for his SD locals. Good thing he does, or he would get nothing for his pocket dish.

Thank you all for your help. I am going to see if Dish can put up the old dish I had that aimed at 119.

Audio dropouts and channel signal loss

99 CENT PPV COMING BACK July 1...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)