can't receive 110 and 119 signal,error 771

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mtclark

Original poster
Feb 14, 2009
okla
This is my first ever post so I will try not to sound too much like a dummy.I have a slimline dish with 3 external lnb's and 4 r6 connections.I was told to only run 1 cable to my receiver.I used the inline kband adapter they sent with the receiver.I only have 1 hd receiver which I run 3 tv's.This is in my motorhome and I have a kvh inmotion sat. that works great.My reason for installing the dish is to keep the receiver updated while in storage.I use an a/b switch to choose in-motion or the sat on my storage.I have installed the dish and triple checked the connections and alignment.I even purchased an inline meter to fine tune.I have 97 on my signal meter that the tv shows.I cannot get 110 or 119.I read a few posts that say maybe I need more feet of cable.The 97% is on 101.

If you only have one receiver (not DVR) then one cable from the dish is fine. Have you re-run satellite setup each time you change dishes?

Unless there is something blocking line-of-sight to 110 and 119, it sounds like you need to adjust the tilt. A Slimline-3 LNB would also work and would not need 110 or 119.

Can I have a strong 101 signal and still need to make aggresive adjustments to find 110 and 119.I am afraid if I move it too much I will lose 101.

The Slimline dish is centered on 101 and the tilt adjustment shouldn't affect 101 reception at all. It will have some effect on 99 and 101, but when tilt is set correctly you should get all 5 satellites. 119 should be used for the adjustment because it is more sensitive to the changes.

Here are some videos which show the recommended tuning procedure. They are for an older dish model but are still valid.

Thanks,Bob.I figured out my receiver was set up for 3 lnb which I assumed as to what I had.Actually I had a 5 lnb and was told to set the receiver on 5 lnb for a one wire setup.Works great!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Will L.A Spot beams work in Montreal, Canada?

To not keep series recording

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)