utilabill

Original poster
Dec 18, 2010
Honduras
I am in Honduras and just bought a 722k. I am pointing at 110 and
the reciever starts the process of downloading "important information"
but gets stuck at about 2/3 progress. Someone told me to go to
sat 119 to try to download the software. We used to be on 119 until
something happened to it a few months ago. Now I can't find it again.
The sat pointing site for central america tells me to look at compass
240 and azimuth 48.8. Any ideas why I can't find it?

From a technical standpoint I don't see why being in Honduras should be a problem. I am in the Virgin Islands 65 W 17 N and using a 30" dish I am receiving HD programming from 110 and 119. Given that Honduras is at least a 1,000 miles west of my location he should be able to pick up both sats.

If Dish wants him to is another question.

Jim

Again it seems strange the signal can't be received in Honduras. Honduras is 15N 86 W. I am at 17 N 65 W. Honduras is 200Km south of the Virgin Islands but 2000 Km West and and therefore closer to the orbital position of Sat 119.

Jim

The Virgin Islands Dish can legally sell to. Honduras they can't. Dish changed the footprint so it literally cuts off at the border

Amazing that a satellite can be that finely tuned. It has spot beams servicing, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Mexico and can yet can be set to not serve Honduras.

Two years ago when I was in Panama Dish worked very well.

Jim

Amazing that a satellite can be that finely tuned. It has spot beams servicing, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Mexico and can yet can be set to not serve Honduras.

Two years ago when I was in Panama Dish worked very well.

Jim

That was before th new sat that restricts the beams to areas that they service. Sorry but you just aren't like to get a signal without having a very huge dish.

XM Sirius channels via remote access - no picture

What happened to the virtual remote?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)