Canadian Stations?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

airgator96

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 6, 2006
Kansas City BBQ Heaven
Are there any Canadian Stations that are broadcasting on FTA?

The only one I can think of is The Miracle Channel on IA-5...

Heck I don't even think I've found any wild feeds.

It bugs me that there are no CBC feeds available in the clear on satellite. The feeds on Anik F1R C-Band are encrypted with Videoguard.... Why!? With the CBC being supported by tax dollars, they should have no right to scramble.

It bugs me that there are no CBC feeds available in the clear on satellite. The feeds on Anik F1R C-Band are encrypted with Videoguard.... Why!? With the CBC being supported by tax dollars, they should have no right to scramble.

Thats what I was hoping for was a cbc feed :(

Sounds like you need to get hold of a previously subbed Starchoice receiver to get the fixed or zero key DCII channels on Anik F1. There have been a couple threads on that around here lately. No CBC though.

If the feeds ever go free, most home users will not get them anyway, 4.5 meter C-band dish is needed for those feeds.

I've found a few feeds on Anik F1R and Anik F2 (last couple nights it was hockey on F1R and news on F2), but they've been in 4:2:2 format.

That is strange.........probably 10+ years ago it was all in the clear on C-Band from CBC, some occasional CTV feeds as well. There were CBC feeds from 5 or 6 different cities from what I can recall.

I agree, im a big listener/viewer of cbc, I puchased sirrius just for cbc. but I dont like the fact I have to pay for it on sirrius and expressvu, Id like to see if free for all.

Hi:

Don't worry. All is not lost. If you are reasonable close to a CBC television station just pick an a TV antenna and stick it on your roof. I'm a little far from most stations but I bought one with a rotor from 'The Source'. The signals were a little weak and I improved them when a friend game me his old 40 foot tower (That was not fun to put up). If you live in a good area you will probably get a decent signal for CBC, CTV and GLOBAL.

cheers
Bryce

Status
Please reply by conversation.

22Khz switch - Pixelation

Advice please; Coolsat 6000 vs Pansat 3500SD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)