Can you help a newbie out?

aimon

Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
I apologize in advance...I'm sure this is a stupid question, but our regular dish dude has moved and I'm going to try to do this myself.

We have a superdish with a DP34 attached to it on the dish. We have three single input receivers in three different rooms. I have purchased a 625 and want to put it in the living room and connect the dual tuners. There is no easy way to get cables between the current receivers. We live in an old farmhouse with no basement. Two cables run underground and through the wall and the third runs across the roof.

What is the simple solution? I've been reading about cascading DP34s. Does that mean I can take the single cable coming into the living room, connect it to another DP34, and run two lines out of that into the 625? Or is there some other type of splitter I can use?

As I said, I'm sure this is stupid to everyone. :confused:

I apologize in advance...I'm sure this is a stupid question, but our regular dish dude has moved and I'm going to try to do this myself.

We have a superdish with a DP34 attached to it on the dish. We have three single input receivers in three different rooms. I have purchased a 625 and want to put it in the living room and connect the dual tuners. There is no easy way to get cables between the current receivers. We live in an old farmhouse with no basement. Two cables run underground and through the wall and the third runs across the roof.

What is the simple solution? I've been reading about cascading DP34s. Does that mean I can take the single cable coming into the living room, connect it to another DP34, and run two lines out of that into the 625? Or is there some other type of splitter I can use?

As I said, I'm sure this is stupid to everyone. :confused:

Not stupid at all. The only two options you have are to 1: Run a second line to the 625 or 2: Change the switch from a DP34 switch to a DPP44 switch. This may be an expensive way to go, but it will allow you a single cable solution using a DPP Seperator (one should have come with the 625).

Thanks so much for the help. I might try switching out to the DPP44. The hubby is not anxious to run another line all the way around the house with the yard as hard as concrete right now.

So...here's another one to make you shake your head and find me pitiful. The DPP44 requires a power inserter, correct? Can I put that on the single line in the house that I want to connect to the 625, or does it have to go somewhere else?

I really appreciate the help!

------
NEVER MIND -- I found the answer in another thread! Thanks again!

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the help. I might try switching out to the DPP44. The hubby is not anxious to run another line all the way around the house with the yard as hard as concrete right now.

So...here's another one to make you shake your head and find me pitiful. The DPP44 requires a power inserter, correct? Can I put that on the single line in the house that I want to connect to the 625, or does it have to go somewhere else?

I really appreciate the help!

------
NEVER MIND -- I found the answer in another thread! Thanks again!

One other thing, you may also concider a DPP33 switch if you can find one, they are new, and don't require a power inserter. However they're still limited to 3 orbital locations like the 34 switch.

old 3900 and program guide

what deals are you getting for 622

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)