Status
Please reply by conversation.

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
I know you can with E* but I know of someone who wants to do it with D*. I am ignorant about their switching technology.

Geronimo said:
I know you can with E* but I know of someone who wants to do it with D*. I am ignorant about their switching technology.

As long as the multi-switches are labelled as 'cascadable' then you can (obviously) cascade them.

Just try to stay away fom the Terks. Spaun makes some good ones.

Casey

Exactly WHICH kind of switches are you wanting to cascade.
If you mean cascade a larger external switch (like a 4x8) to a phase III dish w/the built in switches, you need one that specifically says cascadable, like Casey said.

Another way he might mean, would be to cascade one switch after another, like to get a couple more outputs with an existing one you have on hand. In some cases, you can - for example, I have a phase I D* dish, where I have have one 2x4 on the 101 line & another 2x4 on the 119 line. I use 2 of the 119 outputs to download E* receivers from 119 only, & I use 2 of the 101 outputs to go to a D-Tivo.
I then took the other 2 101 outputs & the other 2 119 outputs, ran those into a D* 4x4 switch that I had on hand that I wasn't using, which gave me 4 101/119 outputs, which was enough for my needs.
Only problem I will have, is if I want to combine D* 110, I'll need to run the 5th LNB coax all the way into the house & combine it between the 2 switches, which is no big deal for me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DirecTV Terk S26 Dish - Personal Antenna

I Hate Directv!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)