Can VIP 622/722/922 be controller with anything besides remote?

sofakng

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
I've been trying to find a "fast" universal remote control (with RF or other non-line-of-sight technology) and can't seem to find anything that replicates the speed of an OEM remote.

For example, when I want to change channels on my Dish VIP622 receiver, the OEM remote responds quickly when I press the up and down arrows. However, every universal remote control I've owned (currently the Harmony 890) has problems when rapidly pressing the same button over and over.

Anyways, what other methods are available to control the VIP622/722/922? I'd love to use a keyboard but I don't think that's possible with the 622. What about RS-232 or other methods?

Can anybody help me out?

You need to go into your harmony settings and set certain timing delays to 0, that will speed up the multiple key press responses.

Thanks. I've already decreased the delays to 0 (and repeats), and I've also spoken with technical support who said there is a built-in/internal 50 to 100ms delay between each command/signal... :(

I'm using one of these:
Universal Remote Control Model MX-980
and it's awesome. You need to find a pro AV installer who will sell you one and also give you the software to program it.... but it's a truly awesome remote. The remote it replaced was a harmony. I've owned several Harmony remotes.

To do RF to your AV you also get one of these:
Universal Remote Control Model MSC-400
and it stores even MORE macros and converts the RF to IR for your other equipment. Probably in the neighborhood of $600 all together. The remote alone lists for $599.95, but I can hook you up with an authorized distributor to get the remote and software for about $400.

TOTALLY programmable even to the point of creating your own buttons and backgrounds.

Thanks. I've already decreased the delays to 0 (and repeats), and I've also spoken with technical support who said there is a built-in/internal 50 to 100ms delay between each command/signal... :(

I hope you realize 1,000ms is ONE second. So 100ms is 1/10 of a second. If there were much less of a delay it would send multiple button presses in one push.

T90 dish and bandstacked LNB's?

VIP toys coming soon ..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)