Can not get Dish HD pro 10002 to point.

JakeFreese

Original poster
Aug 2, 2014
Well I had to replace some rotten siding on the eves of the house, took the dish down. Replaced the siding, installed the dish back insuring the mount was plumb, set it back per settings on Satellite Finder. I can not get even a blip of signal. I have tried all three satellites and nothing. I have installed dishes before and we have one on our trailer that we manually point since our Wineguard sucks. I have tried resetting the box, I have also tried the dish network settings from the installation manual which are not the same as the SF settings.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys!

when you took the dish down you was careful handling it?
because that cheap metal that the reflector is made out of bends easily and just a slight warp or ding in the reflector will cause all kinds of signal issues.

Yes I was careful with it, I tried again a little while ago and we got a 50% signal on the wrong sat, My post is not plumb though. After checking it again it is 1/4" left to right facing the back of the dish, that could be enough to do it. I will battle that tomorrow though.

Thanks!

Yes I was careful with it, I tried again a little while ago and we got a 50% signal on the wrong sat, My post is not plumb though. After checking it again it is 1/4" left to right facing the back of the dish, that could be enough to do it. I will battle that tomorrow though.

Thanks!
a not plumb mast will do it.
just be glad you are just point and peaking in video and not a satellite internet dish.

Yeah I know what you mean there !! I used to have hughesnet that was the most aggravating thing ever! I must have knocked the mast with the ladder or something.

Thanks Guys! hopefully that will be all of it!

Well I got it plumbed up and got signal on 110W 52, 119W 66, I have since lost 129W again, the skew determines getting all three at the same time correct?

Getting closer again!!

Well I got it plumbed up and got signal on 110W 52, 119W 66, I have since lost 129W again, the skew determines getting all three at the same time correct?

Getting closer again!!

Assuming you have it mounted back in the exact same spot, try to target around 75 on a signal from 119/trans 16 and about the same for 110/trans 16...if you can reach those numbers then 129 should be there but checking on trans 23 and 30 for examples.

Also, if you're only getting 110/129, you could be picking up 110/119 on the 119/129 LNBs. Try moving the dish to the right (from behind) about 9-10 degrees.

2 hoppers no joeys

Absolute minimum info needed to open account

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)