Can I put my Dish 500 LNB on a Direct TV Dish?

rexlan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
I am going on vacation and the house I have rented has Direct TV with crummy programming. Can I take along one of my spare Dish 550 Pro LNB's and easily attach it temporarily to the dish there without modification? If so, I could then take my receiver and just use it while I'm there ... 2 months! I guess the Direct TV LNB won't work with my Dish receiver.

I don't think the fixtures are the same, and you would almost certainly need to reorient the dish to point at Dish satellites. For a 2 month stay, it might be worth your while to take along your spare D500 LNBs and all, and set that up too.

The directv LNB (if its a 18" dish) will work on one satellite spot (119, 129) but you'll have to reaim it. If its a 18" dish the Twin LNB wont work as you need to skew the dish to be able to get both satellites (110, 119) and the older D* dishes (and Dish 300's) arent skewable. Designed for only one sat

A single Dish LNb will not fit a Direct Dish. The Dish LNB fits a receptacle that is round on one side. The Direct dish is rectanglular with no round side.

No. Simple answer is no. The LNB will not fit onto a Directv dish and their LNB will not work because the switch has different DiSeq programming

Thanks all for the prompt replies. I though about taking my old 500 dish on a tripod and will check into that further.

Dish VOD.

signal improvement

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)