Can I move one receiver?

If you move a receiver from your billing address to another address, it is considered account packing and is highly illegal, is it done, yes. Should you do it, no.

The dish audit Nazis will call and check on you & if they see you have two different receivers not calling in or calling in from two different places. They will then deactivate one of your boxes and they won't let you reactivate it...EVER.

I don't have a home phone line and my home has wireless internet which makes hooking up a receiver harder. Along the same lines, if I do not connect my second or third receiver to some kind of data line, are they going to come after me?

If you just had one additional receiver they may well give you a call, with two additional receivers not hooked into the phone/internet then your chance of getting a call from the receiver audit team are higher. Which receivers do you have? If they're all networking capable receivers what you could do is hook each one into a wireless router and then alter it with DD-WRT or Tomato to work as a wireless bridge instead of a router and have them connect to the internet that way. Or if they're DishComm supported receivers you could just let one receiver act as the gateway for them and then hook it up to wireless via the router method described above.

I've got a 622 right now and the two new receivers are coming later this week, one will be either a 622 or 722 and the other will be a 612. I'm not savvy with hooking things up so I wonder how much of a stink it would cause if either or both receivers did not get a signal.

If they're all networking capable receivers what you could do is hook each one into a wireless router and then alter it with DD-WRT or Tomato to work as a wireless bridge instead of a router and have them connect to the internet that way.

I did it with DD-WRT, works great.

I have two receivers at home. I was wondering if I could "move one receiver to the Atlanta market and keep one receiver in the Birmingham market? Or would I have to set up a different account?

Are you saying that you are going to have one receiver in Birmingham in one house and another receiver in Atlanta in another house? Or are you wanting to have Birmingham locals on one of your boxes, and Atlanta on the other in the same household? I was just wanting to clarify. If the latter is the case, you would have to pick one market and stick with that. If you live close enough to Birmingham to get B'ham locals, get them OTA and "move" to the Atlanta market. Or do vise versa if you live closer to Atlanta.

pft.. I wouldn't worry about anyone calling to verify someone who just has 2 boxes, you get this from 4 or more. As for the locals the answer is a new account each location that way you get the locals per the programming. I wouldn't do that though, just keep both boxes on same account and do OTA at the other location to pull in your other locals.

pft.. I wouldn't worry about anyone calling to verify someone who just has 2 boxes, you get this from 4 or more. As for the locals the answer is a new account each location that way you get the locals per the programming. I wouldn't do that though, just keep both boxes on same account and do OTA at the other location to pull in your other locals.

Well he's going to have a total of 6 tuners on his account although one of them will only be able to be hooked up to one television set. That is quite likely to set off some triggers for the audit team to give him a call at some point in time if they aren't hooked up. Insofar as only two boxes not generating a call I wouldn't count on that. There were a few folks in the old receiver audit team thread that's buried somewhere on this forum that were called and only had one or two receivers.

I've got a 622 right now and the two new receivers are coming later this week, one will be either a 622 or 722 and the other will be a 612. I'm not savvy with hooking things up so I wonder how much of a stink it would cause if either or both receivers did not get a signal.

With that setup you're highly likely to get a call from the receiver audit team at some point in time if they are not hooked up to the internet or a phone line. On the bright side those are all DishComm compatible receivers so hooking them up is a bit easier. All you have to do is setup DishComm on one receiver that's close to your wireless router and just run a CAT 5 cable from the receiver to the router. Failing that you could always just get a wireless access point if you don't feel like turning a router into one by loading alternate firmware and have a connection that route as well.

Loss of channels and HD

Which LNBs and switches for Dish Locals Only?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts