Can hear but not see program on 612

derwhale1

Original poster
Oct 6, 2011
Orange County
Turned on TV and tried to watch a prerecorded show. Not happening. Only sound. Went to live tv and only sound no picture. Called Dish and they could not get it going. They are sending me a new 612 receiver. When I first started checking out what happened I could hear a whirring sound from the recorder. When I unplugged it, it stopped and did not come back again. The Dish guy is sending me a replacement. The question is, can I, (using a Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 1TB usb 2.0 untra portable external hard drive), record the shows already to the external hard drive and play it back when I get my new 612 unit? Or will it just play the audio, like it currently does?

Another question. With this hard drive being (portable), can I unplug it and attach it to the tv that is using a 722 dvd recorder. And not lose all the recordings. They are both on the same bill and in the same house. Some times we would like to watch on the 722/60in what is recorded on the 612/32in machine.

Assuming you can see the menus and that the external hdd is ac powered you might be able to salvage your recordings.

If the recordings in question are already on your EHD, you can indeed transfer it to your 722 or a new 612 when it arrives. The size of the TV makes no difference; it will play back in whatever quality it inherently has.

Received my 612 recorder Friday. Before setting it up I checked to see if I could get anything on the TV at all. It would not pick up any of the HD channels but it would pick up the other ones. I could record the non-HD shows but the HD shows were impossible.I could play back the non-HD shows but the HD shows previously recorded I couldn't play back. Well, the new 612 recorder worked fine, just the way it should.

Thanks for the response is a great site for non-geeks like me. I pick up a lot of information reading other people's questions.

Anybody seeing pause skip issues with 722?

Right dish and peak signal?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts