Can Bell receiver be flashed with FTA?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

-andrei-

Original poster
Jul 4, 2005
Hello everyone at SatelliteGuys.US:

I have a quick technical questions that someone might have an answer to. I was going to buy an FTA receiver this weekend (Pansat 2500A) when I noticed next to it a really cheap Bell ExpressVu 3100 receiver. Now, I am wondering if it is possible to flash the internal memory of the Bell receiver with an FTA flash to view FTA programming, almost like a PANTEC receiver that can be either flashed with Pansat or Fortec flash software. After consulting with a friend in the legal profession about legal ramifications, I was told the internal software is intellectual property of BCE Inc. and cannot be altered/modified (but it can be deleted), but the actual hardware (i.e. the receiver) is the property of the user. So I was wondering if I could save a few buck by buying a Bell receiver a flashing it with FTA software (if it’s not too difficult), or just go ahead on buying that Pansat 2500A I had my eyes set on.

Thanking everyone for their valuable input,
Andrei.

Disclaimer: I am not interested in satellite signal theft or any other illegal activities. If this question can be interpreted in any other form, I ask the Forum Administrator or Moderators to immediately delete this thread.

It's not feasible or practical to flash a non-FTA receiver into an FTA receiver.

If you know where to look there are some very inexpensive FTA receivers that'll do the job very well.
Feel free to start a new thread if you're looking for something.

Welcome to Satelliteguys FTA :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Holiday FTA Tinkering, Need Advice

Intelsat Americas 6 at 93.0°W What TP to use?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts