Can a HD dish signal be sent by wireless to other TV?

rexlan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
I bought a new house and it is not wired. I need to put my receiver in a convenient location but I do not want unsightly cables going to the TV. Running new feeds and coax is not possible.

Is there a GOOD wireless device that can transmit the dish signal to the TV?

Also, I have a wireless router for Internet in the house ... it is 2.4 Ghz. Are there any interference issues?

Thank you!

rexlan said:
I bought a new house and it is not wired. I need to put my receiver in a convenient location but I do not want unsightly cables going to the TV. Running new feeds and coax is not possible.

Is there a GOOD wireless device that can transmit the dish signal to the TV?

Also, I have a wireless router for Internet in the house ... it is 2.4 Ghz. Are there any interference issues?

Thank you!

You could use a Slingbox & Slingcatcher networked over power lines using Slinglink or other Homeplug device.

I personally would make the effort to cable the setup, because you're using HD and not even the Slingbox does HD properly.

Telling ya like it is, like it or not. You've already started an earlier thread and got the same answers.

Still smokin da stuff hey?

No other thread started ... go play someplace else

Seriously? No offense, Patrick, but $200.00 to go across a room? The OP needs to stop being lazy and get creative on how to run an friggin' HDMI cable.

KAB said:
Seriously? No offense, Patrick, but $200.00 to go across a room? The OP needs to stop being lazy and get creative on how to run an friggin' HDMI cable.

They were going for much more a few months ago ($600-800), so yeah, I think it's a good price. If the OP can afford it and doesn't want to run a cable, more power to him.

There ya go making assumptions when you don't have a clue about what's required. If it were this simple it would be done.
Again ... you're on top of your game with worthless input and unhelpful information.
If you stay quiet your secret won't be known.

I ordered one of those units and agree it is a good rice.

I remember when owning a remote control was considered evidence of terminal sloth. I have no interest in owning these but I am surprised at hoe low the price has gone.

Help with 119, 110, and 61.5

Is this info correct?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)