Call Letters For Abc Feed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
Does anyone have the call letters and the physical location of the ABC feed on G-10, FR 11905? I have determined that it's in the central time zone because they are showing the time as one hour behind me here in the eastern time zone. :confused: :confused:

ABC Feed

I caught a very brief ID, it's WPRU-LP in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico. But they run local news from WABC, New York City, and have had long periods of dead air (or a still picture of a woman) so I'm assuming they still have a few kinks to work out.

According to LYNGSAT, WSJP is the UPI affiliate out of Puerto Rico, the video and audio PIDS for this station are different from the ABC. I have some free time right now, so I am going to monitor it and see what it really is. The video is choppy and sticks, just as the VI CBS station did when it first went on the air. I agree, they have some bugs that need to be worked out. After watching the ABC feed for about an hour, I have determined that this is the CST ABC closed circuit feed. They are running regularly scheduled programs and during their down time for affiliate local programming they are airing promos for the local stations to tape for future use. Years ago this was a common practice for ABC, CBS and NBC when their feeds were on C Band. So this is NOT a local station. :no

Diamond Jim said:
The video is choppy and sticks, just as the VI CBS station did when it first went on the air.

I gave up on this one. The signal is so poor that it can't go for more than 10 or 15 seconds before it tiles up and sticks. I timed a stuck picture for right at 2 minutes before I turned it off. You can change channels then go back it then it tiles out and sticks again. I am sure they will work out the bugs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

system setup

Is there such a thing as a C/Ku-LNBF

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts