C vs Ku Signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kelleyga

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2005
I went thru all satellites from south to east, AMC 9 to PAS 3R without a problem. I am using a 10 feet mesh dish, corrotor II c/ku lnbs, pansat 3500.

The problem I am having is that I can get with no problem all satellites signals for KU from the Pansat, but When I try the C band they do not work. I get no signal at all.

Do I need to configure something on the Pansat to make it work?

I did some more extra testing and found the following:

I am able to get all Ku signals with NO problem.
I am able to get the following C Band AMC 6, Intelsat 707,705

The ONLY C Band satellites signals I can not get are:

PAS 9
PAS 1R
PAS 3R What is going on with the PAS. Maybe I need a special setup :confused:

I will appreciate if someone can help me. The one channel I am interested on is on PAS 3R (freq 3980 V sr 3500). I just can NOT believe I have gotten everything but what I was looking for. ,,,

Drhydro, I have noticed than when moving thru all those satellites, some of the transponders have better signal than others. For example I am right now at PAS 3r KU and I got one of the transponders to 92%, but the others are at 60 or 45 or 75. Is there a rule for making one specific Transporder get the hightes % so that the whole satellite will be good aligned, or I can choose any one and try to get it as high as posible? Thanks for your help.

Kelly,
If you are picking up the KU side of pas 3r you should have no problem getting the c-band side.

I know, that is what I was thinking too.

I am realigning again right now (did not go to work, :eek: , I will get fire, :p ), and I was getting 99% on PAS 3r/6B (in Pansat) on Transp 11855 V 1627 and I get 99%, but when I go and scan, it says no transponders.

Do you know of a good Ku Transponder, SR that I can use? Can you see PAS 3r?

kelleyga said:
I know, that is what I was thinking too.

I am realigning again right now (did not go to work, :eek: , I will get fire, :p ), and I was getting 99% on PAS 3r/6B (in Pansat) on Transp 11855 V 1627 and I get 99%, but when I go and scan, it says no transponders.

Do you know of a good Ku Transponder, SR that I can use? Can you see PAS 3r?
According to lyngsat the following tp should work for you 11956 V 3125. Or you can try 11222 V 30000. This is a Sky Latin (DBS) transponder, but should help to get you in the right place.

The tp that you have up there is not listed on lyngsat, it could be a data feed, etc. Currently i cant see that far east, too much "chain saw food" that still has foliage is in my way.

If i were you i would try a blind scan just to see what pops up ;-)

I have smart search but not blind scan (I have a Pansat 3500s).

What is blind scan = smart search?

OK, yes that is what I have been using.

I guess this is not my day. Now my VBox is displaying a Err message and do not want to move the actuator anymore. I remove the actuator and used an old one to see if it was something wrong with the actuator but it does not move the motor in the old actuator either. The VBox manual says to turn off the unit and turn on pressing power to clear everything, but still does not move. Well...

Check the wiring to your position sensor, that is the error message you will get if it is not recieving a signal from the sensor.

kelleyga,
Sorry to hear about your Vbox. When you work it out, I tried to get Pas-3R/6B/ku and found 8 transponders. Only 6 were captured and only 2 of them had video (some kind of conference with slides being shown and a barker channel). I already had 2 of these from the past, neither of which are getting video now. Also, I had to bump my USALS to the east, almost 1 degree, to get a good quality signal. And as far as C-band, I can't check that as my dish is set-up for true south to west coast. But, are you using Pas-3R/c for scan, because Pas-3R/6B/ku will not work for C-band in the Pansat. Hope this helps.

Al

Well I started coming down the belt from my true south sat amc9 to PAS 3r. My Diseqc was not working good so I was using the Ku line. Once I got to PAS 3R I switch to the C band coax. And I was getting all KU sats with no problem, but could never got the PAS (any of them) C band. SO I was trying today all day and then my VBox stopped working. I already check continuity from the actuator to the Vbox to ensure the cables are good and they are. So, I think something happened to the VBox, I will not move when I press the arrows, it will show Err. I had done once also about 4, 5 days ago, so I unplugged everything and 30 minutes latter tried again and it worked. Not this time, so I do not know. But is it OK. I will order another box and send this to see what is wrong with it. I am happy, I have accomplished alot alone with only help from this site, and that keeps me happy for now. THanks. :) :D

kelleyga,
What I'm saying is in the menu, there are 2 Pas 3R satellites listed. One is for C-band and one is for ku-band. If you are not using the one for C-band, you're not going to get C-band. When on the C-band listing, the Pansat will automatically use 5150 LO and while on the ku-band listing the Pansat will automatically use 10750 LO. Or at least I think it will happen like this.

Al

Yes I did change them. Like with AMC 6 C I got it, but not when I changed to C band for PAS1, or PAS 3r ????

VoomVoom, what do you use to move your dish???

OK, would it be easier to use a 4dtv than a Vbox? Or should I use an old receiver? or get another VBox or fix this one? WHat is easier?

THANKS to all of you that have helped me so far.

I went ahead and check the Vbox connections in the back with a Volt Meter and noticed no power coming out from the VBOX motor connectors. I decided to open it and take a look, and found that the the contact was loose. I soldered it and I got it back.

So I went back to fight with the satellite yesterday and today I got it working. I am ENJOYING IT SO MUCH. Specially to get one channel from my country and a lot other ones.

Thanks for educating me and helping me succeed, I REALLY appreciate you guys.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pansat 3500s. Im done.I think not?

how many satts are their in fta ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)