Buying a 522 outright?

DishDave

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 16, 2003
Anyplace i can buy a 522 outright Legally Dish already said they would activate it on my account as long as the unit is clean. Looking to buy new sealed box only.

E* and non-eBay retailers will be selling them in February as well, if you are concerned about eBay. The only US BuyItNow on eBay at the moment is not a sealed box unit. (But for under $200 it might be worth the risk.)

JL

Actually, I find it very doubtful Dish agreed to activate a 522 for you. They are only leased at the moment. The only people I've heard of getting 522s activated, bought them when they first came out, and had to fight with the exec offices of DN to get them added to their accounts. And i've also heard of plenty of people escalating their calls all the way up to the execs and still being denied activation. I would check into that a little more before I bought purchased one.

I talked to her on Friday she gave me her direct number and said i could call her with the R# she would verify its clean and activate it for me. I have spoke to her in the past it will not be a problem.....

BuckNasty said:
Actually, I find it very doubtful Dish agreed to activate a 522 for you. They are only leased at the moment. The only people I've heard of getting 522s activated, bought them when they first came out, and had to fight with the exec offices of DN to get them added to their accounts. And i've also heard of plenty of people escalating their calls all the way up to the execs and still being denied activation. I would check into that a little more before I bought purchased one.

You need to read a few more of the messages here then. :)

Both my 522s were purchased on EBay. They were non-leased units and I got them activated without a problem, though not through normal customer service. One was swapped out almost immediately, which was "free" since I pay the monthly maintenance fee.

Brad

522 dials 800-267-9084 every 2 minutes!!!

157 degrees

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)