Buttons re-mapped S9 Openbox

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FaT Air

HOA Free Zone
Original poster
Feb 27, 2010
97W 48N
A while ago I loaded FW as discussed here http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/287429-new-openbox-firmware.html
version: C2HS2-12-06-18:05E3CMT
I found this FW the same operationally as the "DEEP" FW. except 'branded' Openbox @ bootscreen.
Aug 6 - WOW!
First time to use the front panel buttons. (It's remotely located, modulator and IR extenders used)
The front panel buttons are all re-mapped.
Button___Action
OK ____MENU
VOL+___CH+
VOL--___STBY
STBY___ VOL+
CH--___ VOL--
CH+ ___OK
No time right now to reload the FW, anyone else notice this?
Operation via the remote is normal.

No didn't notice that.

Not me on S9/10

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

The firmware is encrypted,so you can't play with the remote table in firmware.
Old firmware was just compressed,so the table has been extracted for use with similar euro receivers that just use compressed firmware,like comag and setone.

It's a first, using the front panel buttons, in like a year. Just happened to be near it and wanted to select a different channel and didn't have the remote with me. Going to leave well enough alone and just use the remote.

Auric said:
I'm one of those guys that left mine alone. The only thing I did was put the American Sat list in & started scanning. It's been the same ever since.

Yup. Me too. But been so long, I forgot all about it. Haven't looked to see what SW version I have either, in a long time...

I did that too until a once in a lifetime recording of a wildfeed failed.Then I started playing around trying to find the best firmware.

got distracted by the s12_07082012 firmware- which wasted my receiver.
Avoid loading that one.I can only run clone-safe firmware now and it was a genuine s10.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Need help with new toy SF-3000E Satmeter

My GeosatPro SL1PLL LNB review

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)