Brighthouse bills

jcarrera

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Florida
I just got mine and it occurs to me I am irritated by it. Yes, because of the high amount (up again-- $3 this month), but also because the individual service prices are not shown. I know there are bundles, but it could and should be done this way:

$xx Internet
$yy TV Cable
$zz Digital Premium service
$cc Remote Rental
$bb DVR Rental
$nn HBO
$hh VOIP Phone USA
-$mm Discount for bundle of a, b, c, ...

$gg TOTAL

I don't mean the above are the right terms, but it applies as an example. Of course, that way, we would know what we are paying for. Maybe they don't want us to know?

I understand your concern but I look at things from this point of view. I know exactly what services and hardware I want and also how much I'm willing to pay for it. In my case I want unlimited phone (US and Canada), digital cable with all premiums and two HD DVR boxes and high speed internet service. As long as all of these services with all taxes and fees don't cost me anything more than 210.00/month I'm happy. If I'm under 200 a month I'm even happier. So for me I could care less what I pay for TV compared to internet as long as my total bill for everything is less than 210.00/month. Also I'm not one to nitpick about 5 bucks a month as long as I feel I'm getting a good value and thus far I feel that Comcast in my area provides the far better value for the money. Now in two years all of this could change but until that time I pick the best overall value in both price and content but again I'm not all about price. For example I won't go without VOD unless I have a very very big reason to go without it and that would have to be another company offering a massive amount of HD channels that Comcast doesn't match. On the other hand DirecTV for example could add 100 HD channels but if Comcast added the top 30 watched channels of those 100 such as TBS HD, SciFI HD etc I would stay with Comcast.

When you buy the services seperately they break it down for you per service. When you buy a bundle They give you the bundle price/package price. Mainly to simplify the billing system and the way you read your bill. Each service you get is a differnt price depending on the bundle you choose. Say a customer who has only internet they pay about 50bucks for internet. But if you have the digital combo you pay about 40$ a month for internet. They do show individual prices for any extra service you get. For example if your package comes with 1 digital box but you order 3 you will see the price for each of the 3 extra boxes. But if its included in your package you see only the package price.

The DVR I have is a totally optional item--not part of any bundle, yet it is not shown as a separate item.

"They give you the bundle price/package price." Yup. That's what I said was objectionable.

Furthermore, "Mainly to simplify the billing system" is for their benefit, and "simplify the way [I ]read my bill"--well, if you don't mind, I'd rather that judgment be in my hands rather than them deciding that less information is better for me. No, it is not. Since when is less information better? It is better only for them. If that logic held, why not send just one number-- PAY THIS AMOUNT?

I'm really surprised you are defending the obfuscation of details regarding what we are buying.

If you ordered several things from a store and they gave you a discount of 10% for three or more items, would you expect your invoice to not list the individual item prices?

Well the DVR should be listed if its not included in the package. Did they say their was a seperate charge for it? Or did they throw it in for you. Are you in the orlando market?

And its to the benefit of them and you. So you know what your getting.. If i goto the store and buy a 6 pack of beer I dont see a charge for each bottle, but for the whole pack. Thats the same with the BHN bill. if its a package, you see the charge for the whole package not each item.. Should they also break it down to each channel? So you can see you pay about 2bucks for ESPN...

What services/package do you have? If you dont mind revealing.. Usally even on package sthough youll see

Package Name = = Price
Digital Cable
Internet
Phone

it doesnt have an individual price beside each because your not buying them individualy you are buying them in a package.. Refer back to my previous analogy

stevenl, we aren't going to get anywhere with this. You and I clearly come at it from different directions.

stevenl, we aren't going to get anywhere with this. You and I clearly come at it from different directions.

I'm agreed with jcarrera. Different minds on different directions.
Well,I don't believe in bundle services for saving. I found it better deal with different service providers like Internet with BHN for $14.95/mo for one year(next year will be $19.95/mo), Vonage $24.99/mo and DVR for two rooms with Dish Network for $39.99/mo for 10 months then will be $49.99/mo. I'm not here to said that BHN is bad or good, it just I try to show you that is a better deal out there. I pay now $79.93 plus tax and that is NOT a bundle services from one provider.
And I happy with with all of the service providers but it could be a little different results for everyone. Did you notice that I don't carry BellSouth or AT&T service? even my cellular phone is from Verizon:eek:

Last edited:

Cable TV Price War

Cable TV Price War

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)