Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Excalibur (1981)

6305558167.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Summary: This lush retelling of the legend of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table is a dark and engrossing tale. Director John Boorman (Deliverance) masterfully handles the tale of the mythical sword Excalibur, and its passing from the wizard Merlin to the future king of England. Arthur pulls the famed sword from a stone and is destined to be crowned king. As the king embarks on a passionate love affair with Guenevere, an illegitimate son, and Merlin's designs on power, threaten Arthur's reign. The film is visually stunning and unflinching in its scenes of combat and black magic. Featuring an impressive supporting cast, including early work from the likes of Liam Neeson and Gabriel Byrne, Excalibur is an adaptation of the legend both faithful and bold. --Robert Lane

I really liked this movie when I first saw it in the 80's. Wonder what I would think of it now.

I wonder if this is step 1 in their 12 step program for making Bravo-HD .... NOT SUCK

Dvlos said:
I wonder if this is step 1 in their 12 step program for making Bravo-HD .... NOT SUCK

If I see Ryan Adams or the GooGoo Dolls one more time, I'm gonna hurl.
On the bright side, its channels like BravoHD and TNTHD that make the Voom exclusives shine.

Here's a couple other movies that Bravo plans to air:"

Everybody’s All American
11pm (ET) Friday 10/8, 10pm (ET) Saturday 10/9, 11pm (ET) Friday 10/22, 10pm (ET) Saturday 10/23

Exorcist II: The Heretic
8pm (ET) Friday 10/29, 12:30am (ET) Friday 10/29, 11pm (ET) Saturday 10/30, 3am (ET) Saturday 10/30, 9pm (ET) Sunday 10/31, 1am (ET) Sunday 10/31

Dead Ringers
9pm (ET) Saturday 10/30, 1am (ET) Saturday 10/30, 11pm (ET) Sunday 10/31, 3am (ET) Sunday 10/31

And if I read this statement correct, they will indeed be OAR and commercial free

Bravo HD Film Premieres – All films will air unedited/uncut in dazzling High Definition

If the aspect ratio of this movie is not 1:85:1 then it was not shown OAR. What is the aspect ratio of this movie?

10/8 HD Cinema Premiere Movies

10/9 HD Cinema Premiere Movies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)