Status
Please reply by conversation.

bsr2002

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 13, 2005
South Texas
Hi all,

I'm just starting out in the venture of FTA and was wondering what to get and what the best sites would be to get my gear. :eek: I will need a 30" Dish I would guess and a decent reciever. I got a little over $400 saved up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance, :D
Ben

Hello and welcome to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA area!

Please have a look at our Gold Sponsors (At top of this page) those guys help pay for the forum and are a great place to start!

Right now Sadoun is our only FTA sponsor.

I am a newbie and have read extensively (though I still don't know anything). The favorite receivers here seem to be the Coolsat 4000 Pro and the Fortec Lifetime Ultra. Both models have their advocates but they have blind scan and that is the one feature to have. Both will control a motor too.

If you get a 30 inch dish, the Winegard 2076 is the best. I just got mine and it's sturdy and well-designed.

The current hot LNB is Invacom with a .3 noise rating. They have different models depending on what you need.

The most used motors are the SG2100 and the STAB which comes in 2 or 3 types. Which motor you get will depend in part on your choice of dish.

Best of Luck!

bsr2002 said:
Hi all,

I'm just starting out in the venture of FTA and was wondering what to get and what the best sites would be to get my gear. :eek: I will need a 30" Dish I would guess and a decent reciever. I got a little over $400 saved up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance, :D
Ben

welcome :wave

you would want a unit with a blind scan. This makes it much more enjoyable, as you can find all the neat "feeds" out there.

Common receievrs are Fortec, Pansat and Coolsat. Check the review section as there are a lot of receiver reviews done.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Can I??

Where to post?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)