Bose remote and the H20

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Proc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2005
Motown
I picked up a Bose system for the home theater stuff and have put in all the D*codes but none of them seem to work with the Bose remote.

Anyone have a Bose system/remote and know what the code is that will allow the Bose remote to work with the H20 receiver?

Cinemate. I've got the D* remote programmed to control the Bose (Cinemate) system, but was going to program the Bose remote too, so I would have 2. I can't seem to find the right D* receiver. They list a bunch of 'em in the guide, but none seem to recognize the H20.

Don't jump on the Harmony without checking if it's compatible with a Bose system. Bose is very propiotory(sp) when it comes to there products. You may have to tweak your system remote to get it to work with the Harmony.

Harmony controls my bose lyfestyle system just fine. If you go to logitechs website, select amplifier as a device, then select amplifier again in the next menu, select bose, type in cinemate and it works..... it even lists cinemate as the example of the model

I guess I should clarify. I have a Lifestyle 28 Home Theater System. I have to change some kind of code on my Bose Remote to use RF instead of IF, or vice versa. The problem for me is my remote is so old that it doesn't have a menu button on it. Therefore, I cannot use a Harmony remote until this change occurs. So at least for me, the harmony will not work. Make sure you are not in the same boat as me.

You guys are probably right...time to pony up more money for yet another toy, a new remote control.

I can't find the right code will control the volume on Syntax Olevia. Both the D* remote and the Bose remote with shut the TV on and off, but won't touch the volume.

Harmony, eh?

The 880 or any other model suggestions???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Intel/Directv Tuner

Some Thoughts About The Future

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)