Status
Please reply by conversation.

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
The Boeing Co.'s Integrated Defense Systems unit delivered a next-generation commercial satellite to DirecTV Inc., it said Monday.

The Spaceway F1 satellite will allow DirecTV to broadcast high-definition television channels in several U.S. markets, the companies said.

DirecTV plans to launch three other Boeing-built satellites over the next two years.

Jim Butterworth, senior vice president, communications systems for DirecTV, said in a statement the Boeing satellites are instrumental to DirecTV's initiative to deliver more than 1,500 local high-definition television and other advanced programming services to customers nationwide by 2007.

Chicago-based Boeing Co.'s (NYSE: BA) Integrated Defense Systems unit, its largest subsidiary, is based in St. Louis and is the area's second-largest employer. The company's Satellite Development Center in El Segundo, Calif., is the largest dedicated satellite factory worldwide.

http://www.bizjournals.com/industries/high_tech/cable_tv_radio/2005/10/10/stlouis_daily11.html

I think this means that all testing by Boeing is now complete and Directv can begin using the satellite. So we should now see Directv begin testing MPEG4 HD locals on Spaceway 1 at 102.8w.

Curtis0620 said:
I think this means that all testing by Boeing is now complete and Directv can begin using the satellite. So we should now see Directv begin testing MPEG4 HD locals on Spaceway 1 at 102.8w.

I think you are 100% correct. The BizJournal's story should not use the word "delivers", but should have used the phrase "hands over control to". Here is the info on the bird in question. http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/aboutus/headline.jsp?id=04_26_2005A

If I remember correctly I think this bird had some "anomalies" for a while, and then did some traveling around the belt. Once they were corrected and it was parked, then I am sure it got a extra round of tests past the normal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

directtv site down

Std receivers w/digital audio

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)