Blockbuster baseball deal in the works?

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
UNION-TRIBUNE NEWS SERVICESDecember 31, 2005
<!--- BODYTEXT --->Disgruntled stars Manny Ramirez and Miguel Tejada could be the centerpieces of a four-team trade involving the Mets, Red Sox, Orioles and Devil Rays, the New York Daily News reported last night, citing multiple sources.
The newspaper said the Mets' desire to land Devil Rays reliever Danys Baez could blossom into a massive deal that would bring Baez and Boston's Ramirez to the Mets and send Tejada and D-Rays outfielder Joey Gathright to the Red Sox.

The Orioles would get shortstop Julio Lugo from Tampa Bay, pitcher Matt Clement from Boston and possibly pitcher Kris Benson from the Mets. Tampa Bay would get third baseman Andy Marte from Boston and pitchers Jae Seo and Aaron Heilman and shortstop Kaz Matsui from the Mets.

SOURCE

Mets don't really need manny and while they've been shopping benson, they won't improve much with this trade. Great off-season but this I'm not so sure about...

Interesting trade but I have doubts it'll happen...

Purogamer said:
Mets don't really need manny and while they've been shopping benson, they won't improve much with this trade. Great off-season but this I'm not so sure about...

Interesting trade but I have doubts it'll happen...

Got to agree with you. THe Mets have done a great job so far, but I think they are a bit off-base here. I think I'm more worried about Manny's affect on the clubhouse with his fickle attitude, than the thought of his bat in the lineup. Seems like they are giving too much here.

Even with Wagner, they could use more support in the bullpen, but IMO the starting rotation is a bit lacking, too...and the loss of Benson and/or Seo will hurt there. They have also said repeatedly that they wouldnt trade Heilman...perhaps they have reconsidered.

Of course...they best part would be shipping the underachieving Matsui out of town

tony dungy's oldest son james found dead at age 18

First Coach to Get Fired after today?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)