Blackstone Grill

TRG

The Great American Southwest
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 19, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
I'm thinking about investing in a Blackstone Grill. Does anyone here have one? Do you like it?

Since its just me and the wife now I don't need a large one. A tabletop version will probably work plus I can take it camping.

I've had a 17" for awhile, take hunting/camping but usually end up using my disc instead.
I have a hose adapter so I can use a 20lb bottle with, I need to season it and start using again.
Future plans are to make a small outdoor cook shed with my grills, smoker and a place for the blackstone.

Reactions: TRG
My neighbor at the campground has a large one. Bragged about it after the first cook.

But I’ve never seen him use it again. I dare not ask.

My dad just bought one a few months ago, I think the only time he used it was when I visited...lol

I did like it a lot, and I plan to get one to replace my current grill. I cooked steak, salmon, shrimp, crab cakes and veggies on that Blackstone and they all came out great.

I've had a 17" for awhile, take hunting/camping but usually end up using my disc instead.
I have a hose adapter so I can use a 20lb bottle with, I need to season it and start using again.
Future plans are to make a small outdoor cook shed with my grills, smoker and a place for the blackstone.
I thought about a disc but you cant make pancakes on a disc. French toast maybe.

I thought about a disc but you cant make pancakes on a disc. French toast maybe.
Been watching griddle videos this evening, need to get mine set up again. In the basement of my camper I have a folding table that has a grate on one side and top on other, I use Blackstone on the grate side which works out pretty good. Thinking sheet metal underneath when I get setup, for now I have an old ironing board by my smoker that might hold the Blackstone stabile enough.

Been watching griddle videos this evening, need to get mine set up again. In the basement of my camper I have a folding table that has a grate on one side and top on other, I use Blackstone on the grate side which works out pretty good. Thinking sheet metal underneath when I get setup, for now I have an old ironing board by my smoker that might hold the Blackstone stabile enough.
I was looking at this one. It's a little expensive but...

Grill Table for Blackstone Griddle

I'm still kicking tires but I may go with the 22". Only because I like the idea of having two separate heat zones. That's how I cook on my charcoal grill. Old habits are hard to break. ;)

I use mine for breakfast type foods, and the occasional "smash burger", and it works GREAT for those uses.

That said, it mostly goes unused and I use one of my other cookers for everything else. (and I could do on them what I do on the blackstone).

I dont think I would buy another one.

I use mine for breakfast type foods, and the occasional "smash burger", and it works GREAT for those uses.

That said, it mostly goes unused and I use one of my other cookers for everything else. (and I could do on them what I do on the blackstone).

I dont think I would buy another one.

Why can't you just use the Blackstone as your primary grill? I can't think of anything that you would cook on a traditional grill that you couldn't on a Blackstone.

Why can't you just use the Blackstone as your primary grill? I can't think of anything that you would cook on a traditional grill that you couldn't on a Blackstone.
Low and slow cooks would be problamatic at best with a griddle type cooker. Other things as well, you just get better results with other devices.

Griddles excel at some things for sure, but you can more easily replicate those things with other grills, than you can in reverse.

IMG_4258.jpeg
IMG_4259.jpeg

Smoking Meat?

What's for dinner ?