Bills before congress to effect FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

caddata

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 8, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
I can understand to a point as to why they would want to do something like that but at this time it's way too late for that.

In the early 80's there was the betamax case but yet that's when vcr sales boomed and so did blockbuster.

The media companies should get a bit more with the times of things. These companies should understand that sometimes it's pricing more than anything else that stops them from growing. Look at dvd's. DVD's look and sound and are far better than vhs tapes...the only thing that's odd is this whole experience could ahve been felt by the early 80's with laserdisks.

Laserdisks are nice and all but the prices were outragous (no offense to anyone that has one) $100 for a movie doesn't sell nearly as well as $20 and under.

I encourage anyone to go to EFF to find such products that might be blind to such things now. My pvr for example doesn't care what it records on it's av ports. I can record cable, satellite, radio even a video camera for security etc.

If they don't allow digital signals to be recorded then how would anyone use say tivo with hdtv when it comes fully out?

If this whole scare tactic does anything it might actually do the opposite by increasing sales!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Invacom Quad Polar CP/LP LNBF. Help!

Time Zone Link

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)