BEV 6100 can't find SW21 switch?

Tim Carlson

Original poster
Feb 9, 2005
I've got a BEV 6100 that I am trying to install south of the border. I was having a hard time finding any signal from 82 or 91 so I ran the "Check Switch" test to see if I had everything connected correctly. The test runs and comes back to say that it can't find any switch connected to the system. All X's.

Figuring I might have a bad SW21, I went down to the local Dish place and picked up a new SW21. Connected that to the system, ran the test again and still no luck. I've tried various cables and lengths with still no luck. I've also tried testing with just the switch connected and neither of the feeds from the LNBs.

Any thoughts? Maybe I should start searching for just 82 or 91 with a direct connected cable?

Thanks

Tim

You MUST have a satellite signal before the switch check will find the switch. Find the signal then connect the switch and do the check.

Just closing out this thread. I found my birds and I'm now going to start the fine tuning. One thing that got me was that my initial heading was so far off that I caught the 82 sat with the 91 LNB :).

Thanks for the help.

Tim

international channels

wondering...please help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)