Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Other than the Invacom, is there any decent dual LNB's out there?

reason I ask is I have very limited room on the roof. Right now I have an Xtreme LNB and it works great but its only a single output.

The Invacom quad is too big and the bottom hangs down too much so I cut down on my arc. My arc now is 58-148. With the quad, it goes from 72-105 (my true south is 93). Once I get past that, the cabling & LNB hit the roof.

I have a couple duals but they are .5 & .6
The Xtreme is .3

so does anyone know where I can get a non invacom dual that is decent?:)
want 2 outputs so I can run it to the 6000 :D

Iceberg,

Glad you asked. We will be getting a new "additional" line of LNBFs within a week or so.

The line will include:
~ 0.4db Standard Linear Single LNBF
~ 0.4db Standard Linear Dual LNBF

This will complement our current line of Fortec:
~ 0.4db Universal Linear Single LNBF
~ 0.4db Universal Linear Dual LNBF

Send me a PM with your address and I will send you an evaluation sample of the new Standard DUAL LNBF.

The nice thing about the new LNBFs is the performance stability (minimum drift) compared to other LNBFs on the market today.

Hey Sadoun what's the latest information on the combo C/Ku LNBF that you were talking about selling last year?

Sadoun said:
Iceberg,
Glad you asked. We will be getting a new "additional" line of LNBFs within a week or so.
The line will include:
~ 0.4db Standard Linear Single LNBF
~ 0.4db Standard Linear Dual LNBF
This will complement our current line of Fortec:
~ 0.4db Universal Linear Single LNBF
~ 0.4db Universal Linear Dual LNBF
Send me a PM with your address and I will send you an evaluation sample of the new Standard DUAL LNBF.
The nice thing about the new LNBFs is the performance stability (minimum drift) compared to other LNBFs on the market today.
sweet :)
PM sent
by the way, I just saw something at the Fortec site..
http://www.fortecstar.com/estore/storefront/default.asp?ProductID=20&CategoryID=7
eek :eek:
an 8 output LNB?
20-1.jpg

Jim

The combo LNBF was put on hold last year. But now it is back on the table and it may be developed to a more capable LNBF. We will keep you posted when we get good results and a commerciable product.

Iceberg said:
The Invacom quad is too big and the bottom hangs down too much
Turn the LNBF upside down for the cables and connections point up instead of down. You probably will need to fabricate a brace for the LNBF to support it, (like a L brace down the back of the LNB and along the arm of the dish) and some 90 deg cable adapters for there will not be so big of bend in the cables, and something for the cable cover does not fill up with snow and rain. (even cut off a pop bottle and stick it over the connections) There is enough offset to most dishes that the LNB should not shade the dish from the signal.

Attachments

• connector.jpg
    connector.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Larry
Part of the issue too is the weight of the LNB. Them Invacoms can get heavy so there are some issues there with the weight. Unfortunately the idea I had was bunk. I have some DirecTV 5x4 switches (4 inputs + OTA) I thought would work. Hook all 4 lines to it and use the 22K option in the switch to select between KU & DBS. Well, sadly these don’t work that way. These are basically pass through switches with an antenna input (the multiswitch on the Phase III does the switching. I have an older model that might work (I hope) but I’ll have to see if the weight of the Invacom screws up the signals.

Only issue I am thinking is the cabling might block the signal. I’d have to either loop it out the connection, down the back side, then under the arm of the dish or make sure the cable doesn’t block the eye. (thing is right now my roof is clean of snow but living in MN we may get dumped on and then I’m screwed until spring)

well I went and got me some right angle rf connections from the Rat Shack. I had some but went and bought new ones and I found a better switch.

I have an old 4x2 Phase II switch...4 cables in and 2 out and I know that one works fine :)

Going to try it this weekend. I may not need to have to put the LNMB upside down. As long as I can get from 58-129 I'm happy (dont need 148 as there sint anything on there except Dish 101 and the Int'l promo)

If you find the right angle connectors still don't give you enough room, then you could always mount the LNBF at a 90deg angle. Just have to change all your horizontal settings to vertical and all your vertical settings to horizontal. (and a little duct tape to hold it all in place as well)

Hopefully you had better weather than I today. I had very high winds, a little snow, just a scuff, and very cold with the wind chill. I thought I was going to be blown off the road when I was out today.

Larry

I got it working :)
wasnt bad here today....right around freezing but sunny

Got everything set up in the house. Put the 4 right angle adapters on it and tightened them down. Hooked up cables and hooked it to the 4x2 Phase II switch. The Circular went to the 22k on and the linear went to 0K..both outputs went to the 6000.

Then the test
93 (TS)..fine
91..fine
91 DBS...fine
went to 61 and had 2" of clearance :)
went to G10 and had plenty of room
went to 129 and had about an inch and half
couldnt get to 148 though...hits roof at 146

So its all set and working and it loks like signal numbers stayed the same :D

Iceberg, my newly-acquired 36" nearly hits the non-pen roof mount at each extreme limit of the SG-2100, but doesn't :) I tried out 148w now that the tree across the street is gone thanks to Katrina, and I can now get it! You're right, though, nothing unique there. But it is kinda funny to see the dish on the motor aimed down toward the roof and know its picking up a signal :D

exactly....my 36" fixed dish at G10 if you drew a line from the arm of the dish straight out it hits my neighbors house....but the 22 degree offset and it clears no problems :)

final result :)

Dont mind the brightly colored zip tie (I got like 1000 of them for 5 bucks) :)

The 2nd is the 4x2 switch

Attachments

• IM000578.JPG
    IM000578.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 221
  • IM000579.JPG
    IM000579.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 223
Pete
That was on TS (93)

I should have taken pictures with it at 129...maybe an inch to spare :)

and that 4x2 switch came in handy :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ViewSat VS2000 Platinum vs Extreme

Fixing coax

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)