Basic Question?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GeneB

Original poster
Feb 5, 2006
Hi to all you Satellite Guys
I signed up on your website a couple of months ago, but just sat on the sidelines reading the posts and answers until I had gained enough knowledge to not have to bother everyone with elementary questions. I am now at that stage, but before I take up your valuable time asking for your help on the what, how and where questions, I would first appreciate your help on the basic question: “Given my objectives, should I be into FTA?”
With that said, my basic objectives are:
1. I enjoy and want to watch non-editorialized/slanted news, some sports, interesting/informative specials, and good older movies and who-done-its where there is a good script, competent acting and good camera work.
2. I want to stop kicking myself for paying cable TV $50/month for channels I never watch and for the other channels I seldom watch. Based on what cable offers, I only watch TV about 4-7 hours a month.
3. Am I right for FTA and is FTA right for me?
This background information may help: Male, WW11 Artillery Radio Operator, Korean War Intelligence Officer, Ford T-Bird and Edsel Product Planning, Chrysler Operations Analysis and then 35 years as a consultant.

Thanks greatly and I will appreciate your input,

Gene B

GeneB said:
Hi to all you Satellite Guys
I signed up on your website a couple of months ago, but just sat on the sidelines reading the posts and answers until I had gained enough knowledge to not have to bother everyone with elementary questions. I am now at that stage, but before I take up your valuable time asking for your help on the what, how and where questions, I would first appreciate your help on the basic question: “Given my objectives, should I be into FTA?”
With that said, my basic objectives are:
1. I enjoy and want to watch non-editorialized/slanted news, some sports, interesting/informative specials, and good older movies and who-done-its where there is a good script, competent acting and good camera work.
2. I want to stop kicking myself for paying cable TV $50/month for channels I never watch and for the other channels I seldom watch. Based on what cable offers, I only watch TV about 4-7 hours a month.
3. Am I right for FTA and is FTA right for me?
This background information may help: Male, WW11 Artillery Radio Operator, Korean War Intelligence Officer, Ford T-Bird and Edsel Product Planning, Chrysler Operations Analysis and then 35 years as a consultant.

Thanks greatly and I will appreciate your input,

Gene B
'

Welcome to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA area!

Sounds like FTA TV would be ideal with your interests!

I am a news junkie myself and if any news is happening it is on FTA!

(A motor would be a must have)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

scpc & Fta

Let me rephrase my question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)