Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
The following was sent to DISH Network retailers...

In order to streamline our business processes and launch more content, DISH Network plans to transition some DMAs from a Western Arc to Eastern Arc designation during the third quarter of 2010. Effective August 18, 2010, the Bangor, Maine DMA will transition from a Western Arc designation to an Eastern Arc designation. Therefore, beginning August 18, 2010, all new customers in the Bangor, ME DMA must be installed with an Eastern Arc equipment solution (a
DISH 1000.4 antenna pointed to the 61.5°, 72.7° and 77° orbital locations and only ViP®-series/MPEG-4 equipment), unless they select DishLATINO or international programming.

New SD or HD DISH Network customers in the Bangor, ME DMA must be installed with an Eastern Arc equipment solution (a DISH 1000.4 antenna pointed to the 61.5°, 72.7° and 77° orbital locations and only ViP-series/MPEG-4 equipment), unless they select DishLATINO or international programming. While an Eastern Arc equipment solution is a DISH 1000.4 antenna pointed to the 61.5°, 72.7° and 77° orbital locations, the Bangor, ME DMA is not within the viewing footprint for the 77° orbital location.

o Customers in this DMA with an Eastern Arc equipment solution may only see the 61.5° and 72.7° orbital location; however they will be able to see all their selected programming.

• Please see below for the equipment solutions for DishLATINO or international programming.

o DishLATINO – New SD customers who select any DishLATINO programming must be installed with a DISH 500 antenna pointed to the 110° and 119° orbital locations. New HD customers who select any DishLATINO programming must be installed with a DISH 1000.4 antenna pointed to the 61.5°, 72.7° and 77° orbital locations, and a wing antenna pointed to the 110° orbital location for DishLATINO programming.

o International – New SD customers who select any international programming must be installed with a DISH 500+ antenna pointed to the 110°, 119° and 118.7° orbital locations. New HD customers who select any international programming must be installed with a DISH 1000.4 antenna pointed to the 61.5°, 72.7° and 77°orbital locations, and a wing antenna pointed to the 118.7° orbital location for international programming.

I have a question about this move.

I am going to be upgraded to VIP receivers on Wednesday to replace my two 625 Duos. I am in the Presque Isle DMA and receive NBC and ABC via Bangor (LIL.)

Will I be moved to the Eastern arc or will they keep me where I am, which would mean I would not get the Bangor HD locals? Do I have a say in this matter?

When I called to upgrade, I told them I wanted to make sure that I was going to be getting all the HD I was paying for and they assured me I would get all the HD channels listed.

I don't have a problem losing the SD PI locals on 110, being I get them OTA.

Thanks.

I have a question about this move.

I am going to be upgraded to VIP receivers on Wednesday to replace my two 625 Duos. I am in the Presque Isle DMA and receive NBC and ABC via Bangor (LIL.)

Will I be moved to the Eastern arc or will they keep me where I am, which would mean I would not get the Bangor HD locals? Do I have a say in this matter?

When I called to upgrade, I told them I wanted to make sure that I was going to be getting all the HD I was paying for and they assured me I would get all the HD channels listed.

I don't have a problem losing the SD PI locals on 110, being I get them OTA.

Thanks.

Is a installer coming out? If so you need to discuss this with him/her?.Good Luck!:)

Is a installer coming out? If so you need to discuss this with him/her?.Good Luck!:)

Yes, an installer is coming out.

Should I call Dish first and say, "Just so we are clear, you are moving me to the Eastern Arc and I have no issue forgoing the 110 SD channels being both receivers have OTA and I have exterior OTA antennas and thus will be able to get all PI local channels in HD/SD?"

The installer usually calls about an hour before they will come and I will tell him what I want...but I was not sure if it is an order that he/she has to follow, or that they will work with me to get the job done (i.e. will they even bring a Dish, being I have Dish 500 and if they were not moving me then they wouldn't bring one.)

On a side note, the installers come from Bangor, here. They do tours, and are usually put up in crummy hotels and work 18 hour days for one to two weeks.

I try to give them a bite to eat and mend their suffering, haha.

Of course, that was why the airforce base was closed here. It was on par with duty in Greenland or Alaska - we'll at least that is what the Generals said because their golf season only consisted of June-early Sept. ;)

Last edited:
I was pensive so I went with Dish chat to see what they would say, and they told me I was getting an Eastern Arc install (although nothing to be said about Bangor HD even though they did admit to sending out a release saying all Bangor installs would be Eastern Arc and that means PI DMA as well.)

Thanks Iceberg. That is what I was hoping for but I wasn't sure that they would provide the wing.

even if you do OTA for the PI locals you need that wing dish so the guide info will show up for your two (three) stations (CBS/Fox & PBS)

As for the HD ABC& NBC from what I've seen before is if the locals arent in HD they wont turn on the HD version of the imported stations...unless after the tech leaves you "move" to Bangor ;)

As for the HD ABC& NBC from what I've seen before is if the locals arent in HD they wont turn on the HD version of the imported stations...unless after the tech leaves you "move" to Bangor ;)

I just moved back and I am not moving again. I will get those locals in HD, so help me God. STELLA says I can get LIL so if they are not providing it (at my monthly HD charge that includes locals in HD) they are stealing from me. I will either get a lower bill or HD Bangor fill in locals.

I guess we will continue this conversation on the 18th, but thanks for the heads up. I must prepare my Colorado call battle plan. I just am not doing India if they don't give me the HD I deserve! :D

very capable subscribers

Toslink audio problems/advice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts