Please reply by conversation.

bobsav2001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 5, 2008
St rémi Québec Canada
I was on the phone with Sat av a few minutes ago
and they ask me 800.00$ for a az box for cbc feeds
on 107.3 west, i think that is a little or much over paid...
What do you think? BOB....

I didn't know SatelliteAV sold AZboxes????? are you sure it was SatelliteAV? I know they do sell some commercial units that are $800 and up but still not AZBox.

Well that could be it but not shure i will see the dealears around Montreal Quebec for AZ box
prices.... Thanks for the info....KE4 EST de VE2 FCZ.. 73 --... ...--

Yeah if someone was trying to sell you an actual AZbox for $800 it wasn't SatelliteAV for sure and who ever it was, was trying to rip you off, if it was an AZbox...;)

Satellite AV does not sell AZbox.

If AZboxes sold for $800 and I could buy at the current wholesale, we would sell AZboxes in a heartbeat and I would retire next month! :eek:

I actually overheard half of the conversation that you had with our sales team member. The CSR informed you that the microHD did not display 4:2:2. He then suggested that there were commercial options out there costing in excess of $800 since you were not interested in AZboxes.

BTW.... You can record 4:2:2 channels with the microHD and playback on a computer. Another option is to buy a PCI satellite tuner/card for watching 4:2:2 channels with your PC.

"BTW.... You can record 4:2:2 channels with the microHD and playback on a computer. Another option is to buy a PCI satellite tuner/card for watching 4:2:2 channels with your PC." With a cheap dual output video card, you can send the TV output from your PC to a HDTV, and not tie up your monitor. It's a nice solution. Better than buying an Azbox ( I've had two ) . :)

As noted SatelliteAV doesnt sell the azbox

But I have a question.
for a az box for cbc feeds
on 107.3 west
are you talking about the CBC stations on 107.3 C-Band or the sporatic news feeds for CBC & SRC on 107.3 KU?

The CBC stations are DVB-S2 on C-Band
The CBC "Feeds" on KU are just news feeds....and not the actual station

Status
Please reply by conversation.

How to line up satellites

Can other PVR receivers do this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts