Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
What exactly is an average signal streinght on the KU birds.. I average about 60-80's Mostly in the low 70s on all the birds.. I have a 36 In dish. Personally I think thats a little low caus im allways getting pixolation and the quality is low! 40-60's some TP's are great Others are not. I ordered an Invacom to see if that helps. Payed 35 on ebay. OH btw I DID FINALLY ORDER A BLIND SCAN RECIVER! NOW I SHOULD BE HAPPY. lol I have tryed to tweeak my dish out and its tweaked out as best as i can get it with my satbuddy... How do i get the quality up?

rob.

Signal strength / quality numbers don't mean much, especially comparing different recievers. For example, max I can get out of my Twinhan is 81% Signal, 90% Quality, which would be silly numbers on most Coolsat recievers. Invacom should help slightly, but be careful... came from ebay, lol.

Where did you order the blind scanning reciever from? I'm in the market for one...
as it were :D

Too much of a generic question :D

Each transponder is different depending on a lot of factors
-how much bandwidth they are using
-how much power they’re using
-their footprint
-your setup

Each receiver is different, but as an example

On AMC3
Patient Channel is at a 89-90 quality
Montana PBS is at a 60 quality

Every TP is different. IA5 is a perfect example of this. Some TP’s are 75, while some are 30. Heck, People’s Network (AMC4), I’ve had a stable picture with a 10 signal :D:D

The Pansat the threshold is about 33-35…Fortec is about the same.

On my Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra, the threshold for receiving a break-up free picture is around 40. When properly tuned (and VERY properly tuned) and in good weather, the 80-cm dish and 0.3 dB Invacom produce a 99 on the Home Depot mux on IA-6 and the Adventist mux on AMC4, somewhere in the 90's on G3C CCTV mux, mid-80's on the best IA-5 transponders (the best I've seen is 83, but if I had perfect I might do better), 50's on the worst IA-5 transponder (11874H), and as low as under 40 on the weakest IA-6 feeds.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

QUICK! Mr T on the Church Channel on T5

Amc9

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)